Hide SSN Mod
|Downloads of Hide SSN Mod are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|If you are having trouble downloading with the Google Chrome browser, try another browser|
|Hide SSN Mod|
|Summary||Hide SSN Social Security Number Events.|
|Validation||Latest mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||12 September 2020|
|Download stats||Downloads Stats|
|Homepage||Hide SSN Mod (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||Steven Davis|
|Min TNG V||12.1.0|
|Max TNG V||13.0|
This mod was developed for public sites that prefer hiding SSN Social Security Number Events from bots scrapping data.
If you have a private site requiring eveyone log in, you probably have no use for this mod.
Allows public sites to hide SSN Social Security Events from bots and anyone that does not log in.
Option to show the SSN event to ALL logged in users or restrict access to users with View Information for Private Individuals rights.
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of your TNG personlib.php, reglib.php, rpt_ind.php, searchform.php, tngdblib.php and customconfig.php files.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager
Modmanager Edit options
- The default setting (0) allows all logged in users to access numbers
- Set the option to (1) to require private rights to access numbers
|v18.104.22.168||12 September 2020|| Updated so the default mode allows SSN access to all logged in users.|
First version added to TNG WIKI.
|v22.214.171.124||12 August 2020|| Hide SSN events on the PDF page|
Hide SSN search in the advanced search options
|v126.96.36.199||17 July 2020||First version released for testing|
- Download the appropriate zip file from the Mod Summary in the upper right hand corner
- After downloading the zip file, unzip the config file into the mods folder
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the hide_ssn_v188.8.131.52.cfg
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Or copy your personlib.php, reglib.php, rpt_ind.php, searchform.php, tngdblib.php and customconfig.php files to your TNG directory
- all should be well now
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below
|Family Histories||Steven Davis||Mod developer||184.108.40.206||12.3.0||EN|