IrfanViewis a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista.
It is trying to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.
- Many supported file formats (click here the list of formats)
- Multi language support
- Thumbnail/preview option
- Paint option - to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
- Toolbar skins option
- Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
- Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
- Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
- Fast directory view (moving through directory)
- Batch conversion (with image processing)
- Multipage TIF editing
- File search
- Email option
- Multimedia player
- Print option
- Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF
- Change color depth
- Scan (batch scan) support
- IPTC editing
- Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
- Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
- Lossless JPG rotation
- Unicode support
- Many hotkeys
- Many command line options
- Many PlugIns
- Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like "I Agree" or "Evaluation expired"
- No registry changes without user action/permission!
- and much much more
TNG User Related feedback
- I used this utility a lot to add IPTC information to my images. See my Grandfather Roy's Family for an example of caption and copyright statement added as IPTC tags and displayed by TNG. I also use this program to batch resize images. Very highly recommend it! Ken Roy 14:40, 2 September 2008 (CDT)
- +1 from PaulBarrett. I was having lots of issues with oversize images not generating thumbnails. Like Ken I used it for batch resizing. Easy to set up a batch process and phenomenally quick to process. 24 Jul 2017
The following programm may be related:
- XnView for Windows - Graphiceditor (with IPTC-function)