Difference between revisions of "Mapplace To Link mod"
(→Sites using this mod)
|Line 137:||Line 137:|
Revision as of 03:15, 7 May 2018
|Downloads of Mapplace To Link mod are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Mapplace To Link|
|Summary||Converts the placenames in the map list at getperson.php into links.|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||29 Oct 2016|
|Download stats||Mapplace To Link|
|Homepage||Mapplace To Link mod (this page)|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support|
|Latest Mod||10.1.3.2 for TNG v10.1.3 - v11.0.2|
|Min TNG V||10.1.3 (probably earlier)|
|Max TNG V||11.0.2 NOT YET TESTED IN TNG v12!|
Purpose of the mod
The placenames in the list to the right of the map in getperson.php are converted into links, opening the place's page.
Option: Place pages open in new tabs.
NOTE: The mod is only tested in TNG v10.1.3 and v11.0.1 but is likely to work in earler versions too.
This mod was developed by Erik Hoppe
|TNG version:||≥ 10.1.3|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list below)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG)
- Click on the download link, shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Un-zip the file and you will find the .cfg file there (if there's also a folder there: That's a Mac habit - don't bother).
- Move/copy/FTP the .cfg file to the mods folder of your TNG system.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
Edit Option: Place pages will open in new tabs (default is to open in the same tab).
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Replace all affected files with the copies you made before the installation.
- Contact me through My Mod Support
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Remove button to uninstall the mod and then
- click the Delete button to delete the config file from the mods folder.
|V10.1.3.2||29 Oct 2016||Option to open pages in new tabs added. Thanks to Michael for the suggestion.|
|V10.1.3.1||18 Sept 2016||Magnifying glass and Titles added to the links.|
|V10.1.3.0||21 June 2016||Introduction.|
Visualization of this mod
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Andersson, Hoppe, Sahlin, Thorell||Erik Hoppe||Mod author. (Only log-in)||10.1.3.2||11.1.2||Swedish, German, English|
|Luithlenfamilie||Ingo Wagner||not a public site||10.1.3.2||11.1.2||DE,EN,FR,NO|
|Roots & Relatives Remembered||Ron Krzmarzick||Public & Private||10.1.3.2||11.1.2||EN,DE,CS,ES|
|Gambrill Family Tree||Bobby Gambrill||public||10.1.3.2||12.0||EN|
|Racine d'Alsace||J-Louis Valory||Public/Private - Template 1||10.1.3.2||11.1.1||French|
|Genealogy of the Weir and Drain Families||Beverley Stimpson||Public Site||10.1.3.2||11.1.2||EN|
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod: