Mod Manager Filenames
|Mod Manager Filenames|
|Summary||In the Mod List filename column, abbreviates the filename, flags naming inconsistencies and turns the mod filename into a hyperlink that displays the .cfg file a new tab or window|
|Mod Updated||4 Dec 2017|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||11.0|
|Max TNG V||at least 11.1.2|
Purpose of the Mod
To make the Mod List filename column more useful, this mod
- (Most significantly) Turns the mod filename into a hyperlink that displays the .cfg file in a new tab or window
- Allows the user to infer the full filename when the filename is truncated:
- The file extension is always omitted because it is always '.cfg'
- The filename version number is omitted if it matches the version number inside the file,
- But the modname and version number portions of the filename are highlighted if they do not match the values that are defined inside the .cfg file.
- Displays full filename when users mouse over the filename, and allows it to overflow outside the fixed-length table cell if necessary.
No known conflicts. As I write this, all published Mod Manager mods are my mods.
This mod is compatible with and coordinates with my other Mod Manager mods:
- Mod Manager Compare, which generates a report comparing the mods in the local site with (optionally) the mods in a remote site, and their Wiki articles.
- Mod Manager Latest, which repeats the mods-recently-processed mod filenames at the top of the Mod List.
- Mod Manager List Locations, which changes the detailed status status display in the Status column of the Mod List.
- Mod Manager Note Tags, which adds some .cfg file tags for annotation.
Any or all of these mods can be installed independently, in any order.
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, and extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
| Mod Manager List BEFORE|
| Mod Manager List AFTER|
Most files show just the modname portion of the filename without highlighting, which indicates that the both the mod name and version portions of the filename match the values defined inside the .cfg file. The filename extension is always .cfg, and is omitted. This screen clip illustrates the three special conditions:
| Mod Manager List AFTER , when the mouse is over a filename|
The entire filename is displayed, and will expand into the next column if necessary. The filename is also highlighted as a hyperlink. When you click on it, the .cfg is loaded into a separate browser tab or window.
|Mod Version||TNG Versions||Date||Note|
|18.104.22.168a||11.0.0 and up||3 Dec 2017|| When users mouse over a filename, and the entire filename is displayed,
if the filename extends into the next cell, the background also extends so that the end of the filename is readable.
|22.214.171.124||11.0.0 and up||21 May 2017||New mod.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||126.96.36.199a||11.1||English|