New Account Validation
|New Account Validation|
|Summary||Adds optional required fields and "better" form validation (plus a couple of message) to the New Account Form|
|Mod Updated||15 May 2018|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Latest Mod||v220.127.116.11 & v18.104.22.168a|
|Min TNG V||10.1|
|Max TNG V||at least 12.0|
newacctform.php, English cust_text.php, genstyle.css
Purpose of the Mod
Adds optional required fields and "better" form validation (plus a couple of message) to the New Account Form. That is,
- Uses a mod parameter to let the site administrator determine whether the phone, city, state, and/or notes fields are required.
- Re-writes the form validation routine so that all form errors are shown in one message, instead of one-at-a-time.
- Adds a note to the top of the form,
- Adds a note next to the Notes field requesting that the user specify a relative already in the database.
These two notes can be suppressed or modified through mod options.
- A string of required field names. All of the original required fields are still required. This string just lets the installing administrator make the phone, city, state, and/or comments fields required.
- A parameter that lets the admin suppress or change the message that goes at the top of the form.
- A parameter that lets the admin suppress or change the message that goes next to the notes/comments field.
Compatibility With Other Mods
Not compatible with New Account Form Mod, but is very similar. This mod's messages are different, but they can be changed by mod options.
- New Account Warning adds a comment to the password field noting that the form isn't encrypted, and the user should not use a password that is used anywhere else.
- This mod saves information that can be used by Show Mod Names, but only if the optional Show Mod Names mod is installed.
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- New Account Form Mod must not be installed.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
In the event of a problem
Visualization of this Mod
The following strings are defined in the English and English-UTF8 versions of cust_test.php
# This text is placed at the top of the form. $text['newacctintro1'] = 'An account serves only to allow you to see living people in your branch of my family tree.'; $text['newacctintro2'] = 'You must specify a relative - more recent than 1800 - to get an account.'; # This text is placed next to the notes field. $text['acctcommentsmsg'] = 'Please include your relationship to me or to some member of my family. (Ideally, list the record ID of the person you are related to.)'; # These next 4 strings are error messages for missing required fields. $text['enterphone'] = 'Please enter a telephone number'; $text['entercity'] = 'Please enter a city'; $text['enterstate'] = 'Please enter a state'; $text['enteremail'] = 'Please enter a valid e-mail address.'; $text['enteracctcomments'] = 'Please enter a comment with information about your relationship to me or to someone in my family';
You may modify first two message with mod options. You can modify the error messages by redefining them at the bottom of your language cust_text.php file
- The latest version of the mod is at the top of this table ***
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|22.214.171.124a||12.0+||15 May 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|126.96.36.199||9+||21 Feb 2016|| Changes include:
|188.8.131.52||9.2.2 - 10.1.3||21 Feb 2016||New mod, with most of its functionality taken from New Account Warning v3.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||184.108.40.206||11.11.1||English|
|MOTYER Family Genealogy||John Mark Motyer||Public site||see here||see here||EN, DE, RU|