New Account Validation
|New Account Validation|
|Summary||Adds optional required fields and "better" form validation (plus a couple of message) to the New Account Form|
|Mod Updated||5 Nov 2018|
See #Revision History
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||12.0|
|Max TNG V||12.0.2+|
newacctform.php, English cust_text.php, genstyle.css
Purpose of the Mod
Adds optional required fields and "better" form validation (plus a couple of message) to the New Account Form. That is,
- Uses a mod parameter to let the site administrator determine whether the phone, city, state, and/or notes fields are required.
- Re-writes the form validation routine so that all form errors are shown in one message, instead of one-at-a-time.
- Adds a note to the top of the form,
- Adds a note next to the Notes field requesting that the user specify a relative already in the database.
These two notes can be suppressed or modified through mod options.
- A string of required field names. All of the original required fields are still required. This string just lets the installing administrator make the phone, city, state, and/or comments fields required.
- A parameter that lets the admin suppress or change the message that goes at the top of the form.
- A parameter that lets the admin suppress or change the message that goes next to the notes/comments field.
Compatibility With Other Mods
Not compatible with New Account Form Mod, but is very similar. This mod's messages are different, but they can be changed by mod options.
- New Account Warning adds a comment to the password field noting that the form isn't encrypted, and the user should not use a password that is used anywhere else.
- This mod saves information that can be used by Show Mod Names, but only if the optional Show Mod Names mod is installed.
The following strings are defined in the English and English-UTF8 versions of cust_test.php
# This text is placed at the top of the form. $text['newacctintro1'] = 'An account serves only to allow you to see living people in your branch of my family tree.'; $text['newacctintro2'] = 'You must specify a relative - more recent than 1800 - to get an account.'; # This text is placed next to the notes field. $text['acctcommentsmsg'] = 'Please include your relationship to me or to some member of my family. (Ideally, list the record ID of the person you are related to.)'; # These next 4 strings are error messages for missing required fields. $text['enterphone'] = 'Please enter a telephone number'; $text['entercity'] = 'Please enter a city'; $text['enterstate'] = 'Please enter a state'; $text['enteremail'] = 'Please enter a valid e-mail address.'; $text['enteracctcomments'] = 'Please enter a comment with information about your relationship to me or to someone in my family';
You may modify first two message with mod options. You can modify the error messages by redefining them at the bottom of your language cust_text.php file
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|188.8.131.52c||12.0+||5 Nov 2018||v2a was not compatible with TNGv12.0.2; I'm not actually sure what was wrong with v2b; there may simply have been problem with the uploaded file.|
|184.108.40.206p||9-11.1.2||1 Oct 2018||No functional changes; changed the cust_text.php search string so that this version of the mod is compatible with TNGv9.2.2. through TNGv11.1.2.|
|220.127.116.11||9+||21 Feb 2016|| Changes include:
|18.104.22.168||9.2.2 - 10.1.3||21 Feb 2016||New mod, with most of its functionality taken from New Account Warning v3.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||22.214.171.124||11.11.1||English|
|MOTYER Family Genealogy||John Mark Motyer||Public site||see here||see here||EN, DE, RU|
|Baker Family History||Jon Baker||Public site||126.96.36.199*||11.1.2||English|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public/Private||See Here||See Here||EN|