Difference between revisions of "OpenStreetMap"
(updated Ancestor Map for TNG v12)
(→Sites using this mod)
|Line 194:||Line 194:|
| NO, SE
| NO, SE
Revision as of 17:55, 22 June 2018
|Summary||Replaces the Google maps with OpenStreetMaps|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||11 Jun 2018|
|Download stats||Click For Download Stats|
|Homepage||OpenStreetMap (this page)|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support|
|Latest Mod||(10.0.0.beta8 for TNG v10.?)|
188.8.131.52 for TNG v11.1.2
184.108.40.206 for TNG v12
|Min TNG V||(10.?) 11.1.2|
|Max TNG V||12+|
Purpose of the mod
This mod installs OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps if you don't have a GoogleMap API key.
The benefit is that you don't have to register anywhere for anything.
Simply Install, Empty your API key box, Save and it's done.
The downside is that OSM maps are in many cases not as detailed as Googlemaps, especially outside the more urban areas.
They also seem to load slower and sometimes not in full. Maybe because of heavy load as many sites now (June 11, 2018) switches from GoogleMaps to OSM.
(Previously on "Replacing Googlemaps with OSM": TNG Community Forum: Replace Google with OSM)
Mod version 10: I supply a version for TNG 10 also but it will not work!
I have no TNG 10 environment.
The .cfg is the same as v11 but everything regarding heatmaps is removed. It's called v10.0.0.beta8.cfg and can be used by anyone who is inclined to make a v10 mod...
Update From Google
June 12, I found this here: https://developers.google.com/maps/billing/important-updates
Important Updates We’ve moved the effective date of our new pricing, and the $200 free monthly credit, to July 16th. We’re launching the new Maps, Routes and Places functionality on June 11th. To provide you with an additional month of lead time, our new terms and pricing won’t go into effect until July 16th. Please take advantage of this time to try the new features and familiarize yourself with how billing will work. Starting June 11th We will enforce the use of API keys beginning on June 11th. Keyless usage will result in a degraded experience, or an error. See the Guide for Existing Users for details.
This mod was developed by Erik Hoppe
Several people were involved and I Thank You all - especially you who TESTED the mods. WIthout you, we wouldn't see this mod today.
|TNG version:||≥ 10.1.3|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list below)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG)
- Click on the download link, shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Un-zip the file and you will find the .cfg file and the accompanying folder
- Move/copy/FTP the .cfg file and the folder OpenStreetMap.X to the mods folder of your TNG system.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
- Open Administrator >> Setup >> Map Settings and make sure the Map Key box is empty. Then click Save.
Modmanager Edit options
- Scale units for maps. Select "degrees", "us" (miles) or some other. Spellcheck! default = metric.
- Close pop-up also by clicking the map. Default = false (no)
- A "glowing" layer between icons and map in the heatmaps. Default = true (yes) Not v10
- Geocoding when Adding or Editing places:
- Number of items in the suggestion list. Default = 5
- Keep the list open after selection. Default = false (no)
- Max zom after selection. Default = 16
- Copy place to Name box at page top. Default = false (no)
- Include Zip-code (when available) in copied name. Default = true (yes)
- Comma separated list of Country names to exclude from copied name. Default is "" (empty - none)
In the event of a problem
NOTE! Heatmaps may show a map only.
This is a known problem as the data is read by a special interpretator and it is very sensitive about what characters there are in Place names, Person names and Notes.
All problematic characters I have found have been taken care of but there may be some I don't know.
Please contact me through My Mod Support if you encounter this.
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Replace all affected files with the copies you made before the installation.
- Contact me through My Mod Support
Geocoding (Add and Edit place)
Batch geocoding is disabled. Simply because I don't know how to make batch calls to OSM.
Anyone care to help?
When you open the map (Add new place) it is empty. (If you edit a place it is of course pointed to).
Click the magnifying glass to get a textbox: || Enter a (partial) placename - local name prefered but English often works (img: Jonkoping - Jönköping)
Press Enter to receive a reply. Nothing happens? If there is no reply, there is no sign of it. No message, nothing...
If you do get a reply you will have a list of suggestions (incl such characters as "ö"):
Click a suggestion and the map zooms in to the place and Latitude, Longitude and Zoom will be placed in their respective boxes:
You have to provide the Level yourself. You also have to add the Place Name to the box at the top. There is a Modmanager Edit option to have the name copied automatically.
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Remove button to uninstall the mod and then
- click the Delete button to delete the config file from the mods folder.
|11 Jun 2018|| The errors in heatmaps are gone - as far as I can tell. Thanks to cfj for the alert.|
Also one BETA version f TNG v10.
|10 Jun 2018||Not public. Some errors still there in heatmaps!!!|
|7 Jun 2018||Everything pre release is found here: TNG Community Forum: Replace Google with OSM|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Andeersson, Hoppe, Sahlin, Thorell||Erik Hoppe||Mod dev.||220.127.116.11||11.1.2||EN, DE, SE|
|Roots & Relatives Remembered||Ron Krzmarzick||Public & Private||18.104.22.168||12.0||EN,DE,CS,ES|
|my family||(no public site) TNG with OSM and (OSM-)Ancestor Map||see User:ojay||see User:ojay||D,(NL),(GB)|
|Our Roy and Boucher Family||Ken Roy||Created Ancestor Map - Open Street Map to work with Open Street Map||12.0.0 Beta6||12.0.1 beta2||EN,FR|
|Martius Family||Hendrik Martius||Half public||22.214.171.124||12.0.1 beta2||DE,EN, FR, NL|
|Jegersberg.com||C. Jegersberg||Custom public||126.96.36.199||11.1.2||NO, SE|
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod:
- heatmap.php // Not v10