PHP error log
Not getting PHP errors on your site?
Your hosting service may have disabled php error returns to your browser.
You may be able to:
- Update your php.ini to create a log file
- Install the Show Error Logs Mod
- Update the log location used by the Show Error Logs Mod
- Create a log directory
- FTP an empty txt fle to the log directory
- Add a log entry in your site php.ini file that looks similar to the following, where you need to specify where the error log is written
error_reporting = E_ALL | E_STRICT log_errors = On display_errors = Off error_log = /home/account/www/log/php-errors.log
- Note that if you are modifying WampServer php.ini file you need to change the parameters individual where they occur in the file, or should add the above to the bottom of the php.ini and update the error log location
Install log viewing mod
- Download and Install Roger Mitchell's Show Error Logs Mod
- Edit the Options in Mod Manager to point to your php error log file location