Difference between revisions of "Person Map"
(→Sites using this mod)
|Line 147:||Line 147:|
| TNG 9.1.0
| TNG 9.1.0
Revision as of 12:19, 19 February 2013
|Summary||Adds options to the Map Settings dialog to fine tune the showing of the map on the person pages.|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
Dutch language file
French language file
Spanish language file
|Download stats||See download statistics|
|Author(s)||Bart 'Roebie' Degryse|
|Mod Support||TNG forum|
|Latest Mod||126.96.36.199 for TNG v9.1|
188.8.131.52 for TNG v9.0
|Min TNG V||9.0.0|
|Max TNG V||9.1.2|
Purpose of the mod
This mod will add options to the Map Settings dialog to fine tune the showing of the map on the person pages.
This mod was developed by Bart 'Roebie' Degryse
Idea by Cyndi Wiseman in response to a question by Mitch Gariador. Version 9.x.0.1 features in response to a question by Roger Mitchell.
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list in the summary in the upper right corner of the page)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v9)
- Download the appropriate zip file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page. NOTE that I host these zip files on my own server. That way I can count the number of downloads for each mod I made and estimate the relevance of such mod.
- Extract the config file from the downloaded zip file into the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
- Go to Admin >> Setup >> Configuration >> Map Settings. Change the setting for the new Show the map on the person page option to No. Don't forget to press the Save button
The latest version of this mod adds tree options to the Map Settings dialog.
- Show the map on the person page
- Allow to toggle the visibility
While these should be self explanatory here's a summary of their interaction anyway:
|Show the map on the person page||Allow to toggle the visibility||Result|
|Yes||No||(Default) This is the default behavior of TNG without this mod installed.|
|Yes||Yes||The map is still visible but there's an extra link to hide the map.|
|No||Yes||The map is not visible when opening the page, but there is a link to open the map.|
|No||No||No map and no link to open it. This is the behavior the first version added.|
- Reset location markers on unhide
When you open the page the map will show a given region. Now suppose you scroll the map to show another region. Now hide the map, next unhide the map. The map will still show the latest region. Setting this option to Yes, forces the map to reload when you unhide it, making it show the former region again.
Those who use other languages in addition to English can find appropriate mods to add Dutch, French or Spanish custom text additions in the summary in the upper right corner of this page. Follow the same procedure as explained above to install them.
Note that these language mods are only for the 184.108.40.206 version of the mod. New ones will come soon!
Visualization of this mod
The following images show the visual effects of installing the mod.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Contact me through the TNG forum.
- Contact me by email. My email address is in the description column of this mod on the Mod Manager page
- Copy the backup of the affected files back to your TNG directory
|v220.127.116.11||19 February 2013|| First version of the mod for TNG v9.1+ (jQuery)
Has of course the same features as v18.104.22.168
|v22.214.171.124||19 February 2013||Added two more options to the mod's feature set|
|v126.96.36.199||2 August 2012||Initial config file release for TNG v9.0.0 upto v9.0.3|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|no public site||Bart 'Roebie' Degryse||Mod developer||v188.8.131.52||TNG 9.1.0||NL/EN/ES/FR|
|no public site||Roger Mitchell||v184.108.40.206||TNG 9.1.2||EN|