Person Media Title
|Downloads of Person Media Title are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Person Media Title|
|Summary||Add option to show title to media shown on one row. Also add option to allow media other than photos to show on one row when not attached to an event.|
|Validation||V220.127.116.11 is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||20 May 2019|
|Download stats||See download statistics|
|Homepage||Person Media Title (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Min TNG V||12.1.0|
|Max TNG V||12.1.0|
Purpose of the mod
This TNG modification adds some additional options to Admin >> Setup >> General Settings >> Media to allow:
- Media titles to be shown on thumbnails on the getperson page
- Documents to be shown on one row when not attached to an event
- Headstones to be shown on one row when not attached to an event
- Histories to be shown on one row when not attached to an event
- Recordings to be shown on one row when not attached to an event
- Videos to be shown on one row when not attached to an event
- Citations to be shown or not be shown with thumbnails of media attached to the citation
Also there is a fix to calculate on mobile devices when the preview will flow off the screen to the right and instead display the preview to the left. This is most useful on tablets on the mobile version, since the narrower the screen is the less likely it is that the preview will fit to the left or right of the thumbnail.
It also fixes a jQuery change that on screen resize, the left or right preview pop-up was not recalculating the screen width. It only does the first 30 table table rows with media, since that function has to be declared before the number of media table rows is known. This number could quickly be increased by replicating some lines of code and incrementing the counters. This change also applies to the left or right preview determination for mobile devices when the orientation is changed.
It also fixes an issue with a collapsed event where the media row does not end up getting included in the collapsed event when a single row option is chosen.
The Person Media Title mod was developed by Brent Hemphill.
German text provided by Jürgen Bourdeaux.
French text provided by Ken Roy and Katryne Chauvigné-Bourlaud.
|v18.104.22.168||May 20, 2019||Fix a conflict with the Public Access Control mod and functionality restore for that mod. Also add German text thanks to Jürgen Bourdeaux and French text thanks to Ken Roy and Katryne Chauvigné-Bourlaud.|
|v22.214.171.124||May 7, 2019||Fix an issue with displaying the wrong thumbnail when not set to thumbnail rows. Put generic thumbnails on the same row as the other thumbnails when one row is selected for the media type. Also added an option to not have citation thumbnails. Fix an issue with collapsed event media.|
|v126.96.36.199||May 5, 2019||Fix an issue with the title displaying on single media item rows. Also displaying the title on citations.|
|v188.8.131.52||May 4, 2019||initial release|
This mod must be installed after and uninstalled before Mobile Site Enhancements, since it installs in the middle of a replace operation in that mod and will cause a Bad Target at line 407.
- The conflict was resolved in v184.108.40.206 of the Mobile Site Enhancements mod
This mod must be installed after and uninstalled before Public Access Control, since it will cause a Bad Target at line 2284 in that mod otherwise.
- The conflict was resolved in v220.127.116.11 of the Public Access Control mod and the functionality of Public Access Control was resolved in Person Media Title v18.104.22.168.
This mod must be installed after Private Media Mod, since it will cause a Bad Target at line 586 in that mod otherwise.
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list in the summary in the upper right corner of the page)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- Both English and English-UTF8 folders be on your site
- Download the appropriate zip file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Extract the file from the downloaded zip file into the mods folder or FTP the extracted file to your mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
This MOD contains custom text in cust_text.php in the English / English-UTF8 folders. It also adds to the config_help.php file in the English folder.
The following custom text entries need to be created in your language, if you do not use English for TNG Admin
// Added by Person Media Title $admtext['showmediatitle'] = "Show media titles on thumbnails"; $admtext['reqmediathumbsset'] = "\"Show photos on one row\" must be set to Yes to enable this option"; $admtext['documentthumbs'] = "Show documents on one row"; $admtext['headstonethumbs'] = "Show headstones on one row"; $admtext['historythumbs'] = "Show histories on one row"; $admtext['recordingthumbs'] = "Show recordings on one row"; $admtext['videothumbs'] = "Show videos on one row";
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Contact us through the TNG forum.
- Copy the backup of the affected files back to your TNG directory
The following screen captures show some of the changes made by the mod
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|van Heerden Genealogy||Emile van Heerden||Public & Private||22.214.171.124||12.1.0||English|
|Brent Hemphill||Private Site/localhost||126.96.36.199||12.1.0||English|
|Roots & Relatives Remembered||Ron Krzmarzick||Public & Private (Cool Mod)||188.8.131.52||See Here||EN, DE, CS, ES|