Personal Table Maintenance
|Downloads of Personal Table Maintenance are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Personal Table Maintenance|
|Summary||Adds any of your personal tables to the TNG's database maintenance cycle.|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||12 Jan 2015|
[Show Previous Versions]
|Download stats||See download statistics|
|Author(s)||Bart 'Roebie' Degryse|
|Homepage||Personal Table Maintenance|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Latest Mod||10.1.0.4 for TNG v10.1 and up|
126.96.36.199 for TNG v9.1.2 and up
188.8.131.52 for TNG v9.0.0 - v9.1.1
184.108.40.206 for TNG v8
|Min TNG V||8.1.3|
|Max TNG V||12+|
Purpose of the mod
This mod will add any of your personal tables to the TNG's database maintenance cycle.
This mod was developed by Bart 'Roebie' Degryse
Updated for TNG 10.1 by Ken Roy
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list in the summary in the upper right corner of the page)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v9)
- Download the appropriate zip file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page. NOTE that I host these zip files on my own server. That way I can count the number of downloads for each mod I made and estimate the relevance of such mod.
- Extract the config file from the downloaded zip file into the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
- Press the Edit button and add any table to the text box. The rules to follow are listed in the next paragraph.
- Only 1 table per line
- Each line looks like xxx:yyy
- xxx is the name of the table in the database
- yyy is the tables's descriptive name
- Each table you add on the Edit page will appear next to the default TNG tables on the Admin >> Utilities >> Tables page of your TNG website with its descriptive name.
- You will be able to back up, restore, optimize and delete each table just like any of the default TNG tables.
- Your personal tables' structure will be backed up or restored along with the default tables on the Admin >> Utilities >> Table structure page.
- Non-existing tables will be marked as such and the backup, optimize and restore buttons will be hidden.
Visualization of this mod
The following images show the visual effects of installing the mod.
- Works only for tables in the same database as your TNG tables.
- (<= 220.127.116.11, <= 18.104.22.168) Tables must exist. If they don't you'll get errors when you attempt to back up, optimize, restore or delete them.
Uninstalling the mod
Uninstalling is done through the mod's Uninstall button on the Mod Manager page.
This will however not remove the table from your database. That is something you have to do yourself.
This mod also creates a file in the extensions folder. Since this file isn't and can't be created during the installation of the mod it will also not be removed when uninstalling it. You can however safely delete it yourself. It's called ptm_settings.inc.
In the event of a problem
|v10.1.0.4||12 January 2015||Updated for TNG 10.1 for MySQLi and Mod Manager syntax rule changes|
|v22.214.171.124||19 February 2013||Darrin fixed some bugs in TNG v9.1.2 per my request, so the mod must adapt too.|
|1 February 2013|| New feature: non-existing tables will be marked as such. The three action buttons and the check box will be hidden.
TNG bug fix: After a first-time backup of a table the restore button now becomes visible without having to refresh the page. Darrin has promised to include this fix in the next TNG version.
|28 January 2013||Bug fix (php error *Warning*: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array on line *24*)|
|27 January 2013||Initial release|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|no public site||Bart 'Roebie' Degryse||Mod developer||126.96.36.199||9.1.2||NL/EN/ES/FR|
|Our Roy and Boucher Family||Ken Roy||Thanks for this mod. Works great!||10.1.0.4||12.0.0||EN, FR|
|Chamberlain and Eidenbenz Genealogy||Graham Chamberlain||10.1.0.4||12.0.1||EN,DE,FR,NL,ES|
|Mitchell Families Online||Roger Mitchell||Very useful (as always from Bart!)||188.8.131.52||9.1.2||EN|
|British 1820 Settlers to South Africa||Paul Tanner-Tremaine||Certainly saved me a lot of coding, thanks Bart!||10.1.0.4||10.1.1||EN|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public/Private||See Here||See Here||EN|
|My family||(no public site)||see here||D,(NL),(GB)|
|DJCM.DK||Claus Martinussen||Public site||10.1.0.4||12.0||EN, DA|
|Wortelboer Genealogy||Bernard Wortelboer||Public site||10.1.0.4||11.0.0||NL, EN|
|Brady Family Tree in Western Australia||Darryl Brady||Public site||10.1.0.4||10.1.1||EN, DE|
|Our Family History||Tor Lund||Public site||10.1.0.4||11.1||NO, EN, DE, FR|
|Brabantse Genealogie||Rob van Rij||Public Site||10.1.0.4||11.0.1||EN,FR,NL|
|R G Strong Family Genealogy||Russell G. Strong||Public Site||10.1.0.4||11.0.1||EN, FR, DE, NL|
|OurLife Family History - McMullen Clan||Sean Thompson||Not a public site.||10.1.0.4||11.1.0||English|
|Wilton, Brimson, Munro and Forward Families||Sharon Lewis||10.1.0.4||11.1.0||English|