Placesearch Entire Note
|Placesearch Entire Note|
|Summary||Modifies placesearch.php to display the entire place note, instead of abbreviating it.|
|Mod Updated||3 July 2018|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Latest Mod||v126.96.36.199 & v188.8.131.52|
|Min TNG V||11.0|
|Max TNG V||at least 12.0.1|
Purpose of the Mod
To cause placesearch.php to display the entire Place note. The thinking is that, since placesearch.php is essentially the "Place Details" program, if there is any program that should display the entire Place note, placesearch.php is that program.
How it works
Very simply - placesearch.php utilizes the TNG system function truncateIt() to display the Place note. TruncateIt, as the name suggests, truncates a text value to the length specified in a TNG system parameter. TruncateIt also removes any HTML code from the text. This mod simply replaces the call to truncateIt() within placesearch.php with a call to the TNG system function insertLinks(), which
- Does not truncate the note,
- Leaves existing HTML code within the note alone, and
- Recognizes web addresses that begin with "http", and converts them into hyperlinks.
The change implemented by this mod is also implemented as part of the much larger mod Placesearch-More Info, so that mod, appropriately, conflicts with this one. There are no other known incompatibilities, but please let me know if you encounter any.
Other Related Mods
- Once this mod is intstalled, changes made to TNG system function insertLinks() by other mods also affect placesearch.php. Specifically,
- This mod saves data that can be used by the Show Mod Names utility mod, but Show Mod Names 'does not need to be installed for this mod to work.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
| placesearch.php (The Place details page) BEFORE INSTALLAION|
| placesearch.php AFTER INSTALLATION|
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|184.108.40.206||12.0+||3 July 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|220.127.116.11||11.0.0 - 18.104.22.168||18 Dec 2017||New mod.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer (not installed because I use the more comprehensive Placesearch-More Info mod)||22.214.171.124||12.0.1||English|