Regroup Person-Branch Members
|Regroup Person-Branch Members|
|Summary||Turns branch names in the Person Profile into hyperlinks to a popup list of Branch members, as in the Branch editor. Users assigned to the branch may also be displayed.|
|Mod Updated||10 Mar 2020|
See the Revision History for older versions
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||this page|
|Min TNG V||10.1|
|Max TNG V||12.3|
getperson.php, ajx_showbranch.php, admin_editbranch.php, English cust_text.php
Purpose of the Mod
This mod has two purposes:
- To convert the branch names displayed in the Person Profile into hyperlinks that pop up a box that displays all users who are restricted to that branch, and all members (people and marriages) of the branch, and
- To add information to ajx_showbranch.php, which is used by the Branch editor and (now) the Person Profile to display Branch members.
New features of the Branch Members popup include:
- Since it now can be called from an end-user program (the Person Profile), the lists of people and families must make sure that the current user is allowed to see these people and families. If some records are restricted from being seen by the user, the restricted records are completely omitted from the lists.
- To accommodate inaccessible records, it modifies the wording in the subheading and adds the count of inaccessible records
- If any records are omitted from the lists because they are inaccessible by the user, a new message says how many were ommited.
- It ignores $tree as an input querystring parameter, since $branch is sufficient to identify the tree and branch uniquely.
- In the heading, it displays the tree to which the branch belongs, next to the branch name (unless the database has only one tree.)
- The heading now has id='top', to be used as a hyperlink destination.
- The word "Families" in the heading line with people and family counts is a hyperlink to the list of families.
- Person names and family names are now in ordered lists.
- Person names are now hyperlinked to the Person Profile rather than to the Person editor.
- There is now a heading above the list of families, with a hyperlink to the top of the litbox.
- Families are now hyperlined to the Family Profile rather than tp the family editor.
- There is a list to the top of the litbox from the bottom.
- A new querystring parameter $showusers controls whether the branch's users are listed.
- In the new list of users
- The "realname" field from the users is the value that identifies each user
- If the user has an email address, the realname is displayed as a mailto: hyperlink.
- If the user has an associated person, that person's ID and name are displayed as a hyperlink to the person profile.
Compatibility And Dependencies
No known mod conflicts or strict dependencies, but do please let me know if you find any.
- Admin Branches changes the wording of the button that displays Branch members from "Show people with this tree/branch" to "Show Branch Members", and adds a checkbox that controls whether the Branch Users are listed.
- Show Mod Names, which displays information saved by this mod. But Show Mod Names is not required.
- The "Regroup Person" family of mods that were written by Robin Richmond and that affect the Person Profile. All of these mods can be installed independently of the other mods in the family.
This mod is packaged with the typical mod subfolder that has the same name as the mod's base filename. It contains the mod's language strings, in files under the subfolder languages/. That is, this mod does not copy its language strings into cust_text.php files. Instead, the Person Profile reads the language strings directly from the file in the mod subfolder. See notes about this technique
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
|Person Profile BEFORE: Note two branch names|
|Person Profile AFTER:|
|The branch names are now hyperlinks, and clicking on one pops up the list of members.|
| In the popup list created by ajx_showbranch.php:
|Admin Branch Edit BEFORE:|
| When you click on the button shown, the members of the branch are listed in the pop-up box. Note that the button and the pop-up box heading are identical, and that they refer to "people" rather than "members" (which include families).|
|Admin Branch Edit AFTER:|
| In the popup litbox:
|Mod Version||TNG Versions||Date||Note|
|v22.214.171.124||12.0-12.3||10May2020|| Renamed the mod to Regroup Person-Branch Members and jumped to v19 to be consistent with other mods in the Regroup Person family. No other meaningful functional changes
|10.1.0.3||10.1-11.1.2+||14 Jan 2018|| This and earlier versions of the mod are named Show Branch Members
In the Branch Members litbox popup used by the Branch editor, and now by the Person Profile,
|10.1.0.2||10.1-11.1.2+||4 May 2017||Now makes sure that a branch-restricted user has an associated user before trying to display the associated user, and makes sure that the associated user exists.|
|v10.1.0.1.zip||10.1-10.1.3||30 Nov 2015||New mod.|
TNG User sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below
| Richmond's Genealogy Database
(See a specific Person Profile)
|Robin Richmond||Mod developer||126.96.36.199||12.3||English|
|Roots & Relatives Remembered||Ronald Krzmarzick||Public & Private||See Here||See Here||EN,DE,CS,ES|
|Martius family||Hendrik Martius||Use to inform living branch members on assigned users, e.g. corr. GDPR||10.1.0.3||12.0.1||DE, EN, FR, NL|