Regroup Person-Branch Members
|Regroup Person-Branch Members|
|Summary||Turns branch names in the Person Profile into hyperlinks to a popup list of Branch members, as in the Branch editor. Users assigned to the branch may also be displayed.|
|Mod Updated||12 Sep 2020|
See the Revision History for older versions
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||this page|
|Min TNG V||10.1|
|Max TNG V||13|
getperson.php, personlib In TNGv12 only: admin_editbranch.php, English cust_text.php
Purpose of the Mod
To allow selected users of the Person Profile to see the members in (and probably users assigned to) branches to which the profiled person belongs.
- "To see the members of branches" means that the branch names are hyperlinked, and clicking on the hyperlinks pops up the same information box that is shown with the "Show Branch Members" function in the branch editor.
- By "selected users", I mean that a mod options controls whether unauthenticated visitors and logged-in users can see the branch
In TNGv12 only, this mod contains an option that enhances the Branch Members popup to show branch-assigned users and to add links and settings. These enhancements appear (optionally) in all Branch Members popups; that is, both in the Person Profile and in the Branch Editor. In TNGv13, these enhancements are implemented by the new Admin Branches Show Users mod.
These options were added with TNGv13, and are defined in a Mod Settings Block at Admin>>Setup>>General Settings in a new subform with the name "Mod Settings Blocks"
- The options control which class of users (visitors, logged-in users, admins) can see people in the branch and/or users who are assigned to the branch.
See a visualization below.
No known mod conflicts or strict dependencies, but do please let me know if you find any.
- The Mod Settings Blocks mod packages this mod's options into what I call a "Mod Settings Block", which is a set of form fields that formatted and labeled so that it stands out among other options in an Admin>>Setting form. The Mod Settings Blocks mod must be installed before this mod can be installed.
- Admin Branches Show Users was spun off from this mod for TNGv13. When it has been installed, the branch members popup in the Person Profile will (optionally) also show branch-assigned users.
- The optional mod Inner Mod Menus displays an "Inner Mod Menu" in the TNG "inner menu" (just below the tab menu). The Inner Mod Menu is defined by this mod but is visible only if Inner Mod Menus is installed. It is also visible only to TNG administrators; never to end-users. I highly recommend that you install the Inner Mod Menus mod because Inner Mod Menus provide links to handy information - particularly to the mod settings blocks for this mod's options.
- This mod gathers data that can be used by the optional mod Show Mod Names, but there is no dependency on Show Mod Names
This mod is compatible with, and coordinated with, the "Regroup Person" family of mods. [Show the family members]
In TNGv13, this mod includes a typical mod subfolder, with the same base name as the mod's .cfg file. The subfolder is atypical in that no files in it are installed to working TNG folders. However, it does contain critical files that contain the mod's language strings, which the mod does not add to standard cust_text.php files. Instead, the PHP code modified by this mod loads the language strings from files in the mod's languages/ subfolder. Read more about this technique.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
|Person Profile BEFORE: Note two branch names|
|Person Profile AFTER:|
|The branch names are now hyperlinks, and clicking on one pops up the list of members.|
| In the popup list created by ajx_showbranch.php:|
(These features are implemented by this mod in TNGv12, but by Admin Branches Show Users in TNGv13)
|Admin Branch Edit BEFORE:|
| When you click on the button shown, the members of the branch are listed in the pop-up box. Note that the button and the pop-up box heading are identical, and that they refer to "people" rather than "members" (which include families).|
|Admin Branch Edit AFTER:|
| In the popup litbox:
| AFTER: The Person Profile "Inner Mod Menu"
This menu drops down from the label "Mod Information" at the right end of the standard TNG "Inner Menu", just below the tab bar. It is visible only to site administrators. Several mods add Inner Mod Menu entries to the Person Profile. This screenshot shows the menu with four mods, plus a link to "more mods". Regroup Person-Branch members will always be shown above the "more mods" link.
The button that is cut off to the right of "Mod Information" is added by Regroup Person-Date Place
| 7. AFTER: The Regroup Person-Branch Members Profile "Mod Settings Block"|
A Mod Settings Block is an outlined subform within an Admin>>Setup program that contains the options for a single mod. What is most notable about a Mod Settings Block is that a hyperlink directly to a Mod Settings Block displays only that block (i.e. only one mod's options), not all of the other options in the form or subform.
Here, you see the this mod's Mod Settings Block, in admin_genconfig.php, at Admin>>Setup>>General Configuration. The triangular arrow next to the subfolder heading Mod Settings Blocks is pointing to the right, meaning that the subform is not open, and that your site's other mod settings blocks are not visible. If you were to open the subform by clicking on the heading, you would see the mod settings blocks for other mods that you have installed.
|Mod Version||TNG Versions||Date||Note|
|v184.108.40.206b||13||12 Sep 2020||
|v220.127.116.11||12.0-12.3||10May2020|| Renamed the mod to Regroup Person-Branch Members and jumped to v19 to be consistent with other mods in the Regroup Person family. No other meaningful functional changes
|10.1.0.3||10.1-11.1.2+||14 Jan 2018|| This and earlier versions of the mod are named Show Branch Members
In the Branch Members litbox popup used by the Branch editor, and now by the Person Profile,
|10.1.0.2||10.1-11.1.2+||4 May 2017||Now makes sure that a branch-restricted user has an associated user before trying to display the associated user, and makes sure that the associated user exists.|
|v10.1.0.1.zip||10.1-10.1.3||30 Nov 2015||New mod.|
This mod, like many of my newer mods, does not add strings to the standard TNG cust_text.php files. Instead, the language strings are stored in the
languages subfolder of the mod's normal subfolder, in files named
French-UTF8_custtext.php.) I'm using this nonstandard technique for several reasons, but there is a rarely-relevant downside that comes in to play only if you want to override the string value that the mod assigns to a language string. (Read about the problem and the solution.)
TNG User sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below
| Richmond's Genealogy Database
(See a specific Person Profile)
|Robin Richmond||Mod developer||18.104.22.168c||13||English|
|Roots & Relatives Remembered||Ronald Krzmarzick||Public & Private||See Here||See Here||EN,DE,CS|
|Martius family||Hendrik Martius||Use to inform living branch members on assigned users, e.g. corr. GDPR||10.1.0.3||12.0.1||DE, EN, FR, NL|