Regroup Person-Date Place
| This article, and the mod, are in transition from mod version 17 to version 18. The text of this article describes mod version 18, but the visualizations are from mod version 17.
Robin Richmond12 Oct 2019
|Regroup Person-Date Place|
|Summary||Establishes a more compact presentation of Event dates, places, and values in the Person Profile.|
|Mod Updated||2 Oct 2019|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||12.0|
|Max TNG V||at least 12.2|
getperson.php, personlib.php, admin_genconfig.php, admin_updateconfig.php, English cust_text.php
Installs shared files: rrshared_modsettingsblocks. rrshared_innermodmenu2.php, img/rrshared_wikilogo.gif
The Regroup Person* - family of related mods that affect the Person Profile (See Related Mods)
This mod can work independently of the other mods in the Regroup Person family.
Purpose of the Mod
This mod formats Event dates, places, and values more compactly than the native Person Profile. I'm not about to say that I've improved it, but I do generally prefer the more compact format, and some other TNG administrators have said that they like it, too.
The new format is best described by the Visualizations below, but I'll add two quick notes here:
- Even I prefer the native format from time to time, so this mod now has an optional spacing control that can switch between the more and less compact presentations.
- This mod adds what I call an Inner Mod Menu to the Inner Menu of the Person Profile. Inner Mod Menus provide quick links to information about a mod and to the options editor. I primarily use them Admin mods. The Inner Mod Menu in the Person Profile is visible only to site admins.
- The initial spacing level.
- Less - My format...Event dates and places (and sometimes values) are strung together in one table cell. The padding within table cells is also reduced, resulting in less whitespace, but more data on the screen.
- More - Event dates, places, and values are displayed in almost exactly the way they appear in the native Person Profile. Event dates and places are in separate table cells, and event values follow on another line.
- Show a spacing control in the Inner Menu.
- The spacing control is a button at the right end of the Inner Menu. Since there are only two spacing settings, the button label is either +Spacing or -Spacing.
- If the control is not visible, then the spacing level cannot be changed.
Note that Regroup Person Profile also implements two spacing levels and an identical spacing control. When both mods are installed, they essentially merge the two sets of controls into one. That is,
- The two spacing settings are always the same, that is, both are More, or both are Less' in both mods.
- The two flags that determine whether the spacing control is visible also are always the same.
- When both mods say "Display the spacing control", only one control is displayed.
In addition, the mod options are custom TNG settings that are defined at Admin>>Setup>>General Settings, in a new Mod Settings Block in a new subform called Robin's Mods.
These related mods also affect the Person Profile. (Note that some of these mods have side effects in other TNG programs.)
- Regroup Person Profile - Regroups and re-positions data in the Person Profile the data in the Person Profile, and adds headings above each block of data.
- Regroup Person-Date Place (this mod) - Affects the formatting of and white space around Event dates and places.
- Regroup Person-Move Media - Moves the media files above the map
- Regroup Person-No Living Data - Suppresses display of ANY data about a living or private person the user doesn't have rights to. By default, TNG will show some data, plus spouses, parents, and children.
- Regroup Person-Parent Rel - Hides "natural" or "birth" relationships between the person and the parents.
- Regroup Person-Sources - Starts the display of source citations with just the Source ID, Title, and Author, and provides buttons so the user can display Source details and/or Citation details, for individual source citations and for all source citations.
I've not found any conflicts yet, but I haven't tested all of the numerous mods that affect the Person Profile.
This mod uses the standard installation procedure, though it should be noted that this mod contains a mod subfolder that is shared with other mods that implement Inner Mod Menus and Mod Settings Blocks. Because of the shared subfolder, as you unzip or copy the mod, you might get a warning noting that a file or folder already exists. You can just ignore that warning.
[Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
These visualizations are from version 17 of the mod, not version 18.
The two spacing schemes implemented by this mod have identical HTML; they are just styled differently.
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|126.96.36.199||12.0 - 12.2+||2 Oct 2019||
|188.8.131.52||12.0+||24 Jul 2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|10.0.1.15||10.0.1-10.1.3||20 Feb 2016||No new end-user functionality; just added Show Mod Names functionality and dependency, and updated the mod number to stay in sync with Regroup Person Profile.|
|10.0.1.14||10.0.1-10.1.3||17 Jul 2015|| Fixed two old bugs that date back to Regroup Person Profile v1:
|10.0.1.13||10.0.1-10.1||03 Jan 2015||Minor cleanup of end-of-line spacing|
|10.0.1.12||10.0.1-10.1.0||26 Dec 2014||Initial release; separated this mod from the larger Regroup Person Profile mod to reduce the chances and consequences of that mod running into conflicts.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||184.108.40.206||12.0.3||English|
|Wortelboer Genealogy||Bernard Wortelboer||10.0.1.13||10.1.0||NL, EN|
|Stamboom Jongman||Roel Jongman||Public/Private site||10.1.0.15||10.1.3||NL, DE, EN|
|Mueller-Diefenbach Genealogy||Bob Mueller||220.127.116.11||12.0.3||EN|