Regroup Person-Date Place
|Regroup Person-Date Place|
|Summary||Establishes a more compact presentation of Event dates, places, and values in the Person Profile.|
|Mod Updated||2 Oct 2019|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||12.0|
|Max TNG V||at least 12.2|
getperson.php, personlib.php, admin_genconfig.php, admin_updateconfig.php, English cust_text.php
May Install rrshared_innermodmenu3.php, rrshared_modsettingsblocks3.php, rrshared_wikilogo.gif
The Regroup Person* - family of related mods that affect the Person Profile (See Related Mods)
This mod can work independently of the other mods in the Regroup Person family.
Purpose of the Mod
This mod formats Event dates, places, and values more compactly than the native Person Profile. I'm not about to say that I've improved it, but I do generally prefer the more compact format, and some other TNG administrators have said that they like it, too.
The new format is best described by the Visualizations below, but note here that even I prefer the native format from time to time, so this mod now has an optional spacing control that can switch between the more and less compact presentations.
- The initial spacing level.
- Less - My format...Event dates and places (and sometimes values) are strung together in one table cell. The padding within table cells is also reduced, resulting in less whitespace, but more data on the screen.
- More - Event dates, places, and values are displayed in almost exactly the way they appear in the native Person Profile. Event dates and places are in separate table cells, and event values follow on another line.
- Show a spacing control in the Inner Menu.
- The spacing control is a button at the right end of the Inner Menu. Since there are only two spacing settings, the button label is either +Spacing or -Spacing.
- If the control is not visible, then the spacing level cannot be changed.
Note that Regroup Person Profile also implements two spacing levels and an identical spacing control. When both mods are installed, they essentially merge the two sets of controls into one. That is,
- The two spacing settings are always the same, that is, both are More, or both are Less' in both mods.
- The two flags that determine whether the spacing control is visible also are always the same.
- When both mods say "Display the spacing control", only one control is displayed.
These mod options are custom TNG settings, defined and edited in the form at Admin>>Setup>>General Settings, in a new subform named Robin's Mod's. This subform takes advantage of a scheme that I call Mod Settings Blocks.
These related mods also affect the Person Profile. (Note that some of these mods have side effects in other TNG programs.)
- Regroup Person Profile - Regroups and re-positions data in the Person Profile the data in the Person Profile, and adds headings above each block of data.
- Regroup Person-Date Place (this mod) - Affects the formatting of and white space around Event dates and places.
- Regroup Person-Move Media - Moves the media files above the map
- Regroup Person-No Living Data - Suppresses display of ANY data about a living or private person the user doesn't have rights to. By default, TNG will show some data, plus spouses, parents, and children.
- Regroup Person-Parent Rel - Hides "natural" or "birth" relationships between the person and the parents.
- Regroup Person-Sources - Starts the display of source citations with just the Source ID, Title, and Author, and provides buttons so the user can display Source details and/or Citation details, for individual source citations and for all source citations.
I've not found any conflicts yet, but I haven't tested all of the numerous mods that affect the Person Profile.
This mod is packaged with a mod subfolder that is shared with several other mods. The shared folder RR-shared_mod_includes_v22.214.171.124 contains files that help to manage mod options in many of my mods:
Each mod that contains the shared folder may install some or all of its shared files, depending on whether those files already exist, and whether that mod needs that particular file. Once a file from the shared folder has been installed (by any mod), that file will not be overwritten or removed by the subsequent installation or un-installation of any mod (including this one), nor will its presence or absence generate any Mod Manager errors.
If you unzip mod distribution files directly into your mods folder, then the presence of the shared subfolder and the installation of its files should be invisible to you. But if you generally copy mod subfolders to your mods folder after you have unzipped the distribution file, then you need to make sure to copy the folder RR-shared_mod_includes_v126.96.36.199 (well, unless you are confident that it is already in your mods folder because it was part of another mod). [Show Installation Details]
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, Extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
These visualizations are from version 17 of the mod, not version 18.
The two spacing schemes implemented by this mod have identical HTML; they are just styled differently.
|Mod Version||TNG Version||Date||Note|
|188.8.131.52a||12.0 - 12.2+||16Dec2019||
|184.108.40.206||12.0+||24Jul2018||No functional changes; made compatible with TNGv12.|
|10.0.1.15||10.0.1-10.1.3||20 Feb 2016||No new end-user functionality; just added Show Mod Names functionality and dependency, and updated the mod number to stay in sync with Regroup Person Profile.|
|10.0.1.14||10.0.1-10.1.3||17Jul2015|| Fixed two old bugs that date back to Regroup Person Profile v1:
|10.0.1.13||10.0.1-10.1||03Jan2015||Minor cleanup of end-of-line spacing|
|10.0.1.12||10.0.1-10.1.0||26Dec2014||Initial release; separated this mod from the larger Regroup Person Profile mod to reduce the chances and consequences of that mod running into conflicts.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||220.127.116.11a||12.2.2||English|
|Wortelboer Genealogy||Bernard Wortelboer||10.0.1.13||10.1.0||NL, EN|
|Stamboom Jongman||Roel Jongman||Public/Private site||10.1.0.15||10.1.3||NL, DE, EN|
|Mueller-Diefenbach Genealogy||Bob Mueller||18.104.22.168||12.0.3||EN|
|Baza danych Rodziny Jarocińskich||Michał Jarociński||non-public site||22.214.171.124a||12.3, T7||PL, EN|