Revert $tmp variables to TNG v11
|Downloads of Revert $tmp variables to TNG v11 are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Revert $tmp variables to TNG v11|
|Summary||Reverts the TNG template variables back to begin.php as they were in TNG V11|
|Validation||Mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||30 May 2018|
|Download stats||View download statistics|
|Homepage||Revert $tmp variables to TNG v11 (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||Ken Roy|
|Latest Mod||126.96.36.199 for TNG V12.0.1|
|Min TNG V||12.0.1|
|Max TNG V||12.0.1|
Purpose of Mod
This mod was created to revert the TNG template variables to
- revert the TNG v11 location in begin.php
- remove the TNG v12 template variables in tng_begin.php
- eliminate the need to update all the user-created pages that were created by long-time TNG users in the last 12 years
This mod now displays the TNG template formatting for user-created pages that used the begin.php that were created in the last 12 years. It also allows you to Edit the options and return all $tmp variables and not just the TNG v12 implementation of returning only the variables for the specific template.
Mod developer is Ken Roy
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of your TNG begin.php and tng_begin.php
Reguires the patch12_gdpr.zip until TNG v12.0.1 is released
- Download the appropriate distribution for your TNG version from the download links in the status area in the upper right.
- Extract the treeid_mod.zip to your mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the treeid_mod.cfg.
|v188.8.131.52||8 Mar 2018||Initial release for TNG 12.0.1 (requires patch12_gdpr.zip until TNG v12.0.1 is released)|
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Uninstall capability
- Or copy your backup begin.php and tng_begin.php files to your TNG root folder
Because Darrin moved the Template Selection variables to the Template table in the database, using this mod will result in warnings when accessing the TNG Help screens
Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given in D:\wamp\www\tng\tngconnect.php on line 50 Warning: mysqli_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given in D:\wamp\www\tng\tngconnect.php on line 81
You may not see this error on production sites where warnings are typically suppressed.
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below, and let Darrin know he should fix TNG template variables to work the same way as they did in TNG v11.
|Our Roy and Boucher Family||Ken Roy||Mod Developer to allow user-created pages in the last 12 years to continue to work.||184.108.40.206||12.0.1||EN, FR|