Rip Challenge Mod
|Downloads of Rip Challenge Mod are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Rip Challenge Mod|
|Summary||Adds a CAPTCHA challenge after a configurable number of accesses to the Rip Prevention Mod|
|Mod Updated||4 Sept 2018|
|Download stats||See download statistics|
Brent Hemphill with translations by Hendrik Martius and Mogens Fenger
|Homepage||Rip Challenge Mod (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Min TNG V||8.0|
|Max TNG V||12.0.1|
Purpose of the mod
This TNG modification is designed to work with the Rip Prevention Mod. It adds a CAPTCHA challenge after a configurable number of accesses (default 30) for non registered users. It is intended to deter those slow automated programs that scrape your site. Check here to see an example of the captcha page. Remember, the RIP Challenge will only apply to non-logged in users. If you want to check it out after installation, you will need to logout.
The Rip Challenge Mod was developed by Brian McFadyen.
The Rip Challenge Mod was updated for MySQLi support by Brent Hemphill.
The Rip Challenge Mod was updated for reCAPTCHA v2 support by Brent Hemphill.
|126.96.36.199a||4 Sept 2018||update mod to be compatible with reCAPTCHA version 2, TNG V12 has settings to enter the keys. Also updated text and added German and Danish translations.|
|11.0.2||8 June 2017||update mod to be MySQLi compatible. Also fixed some other deprecated functions that were used and added the functionality for a renamed extensions folder.|
|10.1||8 June 2017||update mod to be MySQLi compatible. Also fixed some other deprecated functions that were used.|
|8.1.0||27 May 2010||initial release|
- A working TNG installation
- An installed Rip Prevention Mod
- A free key for the reCAPTCHA solution version 2.0 entered into the settings in TNG V12.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- Download the mod configuration package as identified in the status box above. Extract and copy the configuration file to your ./mods folder. Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager mods.
- As with most source code modifications, these changes will likely be overwritten during your next TNG revision upgrade and will need to be re-implemented. (Using the Mod Manager greatly simplifies this process).
What Happened?, My site is stuck on the ReCaptcha page
This will happen if you have entered an invalid reCAPTCHA key. The result is that your reCAPTCHA challenge will repeatedly display the fact that the Keys are Invalid. The solution here is to delete the ./extensions/rip_challenge.php file, then goto the Mod Manager page and try again after a clean up.