|Downloads of Scroll-xy are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Summary||Scrolls TNG pages and charts.|
|Validation||Latest mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||11 September 2020|
|Download stats||Downloads Stats|
|Homepage||Scroll-xy (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||Steven Davis|
|Latest Mod||18.104.22.168 for TNG V12.1.0 and above|
|Min TNG V||12.1.0|
|Max TNG V||12.3|
Written by Erik Hoppe
This mod was developed to scroll pages and charts with overflowing content.
(Thanks to Darrin and Ken for functionality suggestions)
This mod places up to six scroll buttons at the lower right side of the display.
Scroll to the top, up, left, right, down and bottom of the page.
Buttons do not appear unless content overflows.
Scrolls Ahnentafel and Register pages.
Adjust the scroll height when scrolling up and down or compensate for a sticky header.
Loads with the inner menu so buttons do not appear on mobile devices.
Includes a scroll-config.php file to control which pages display scroll buttons.
Includes an example scrollpage-info.css file to customize the buttons using mytngstyle.css.
The mod can be used with v12.1.0 through v12.3.
Scroll buttons are not shown on pages that Scrollbox_mod modifies.
Scroll buttons appear at the lower right but can be moved using css.
Example classes are in the scrollpage-info.css file.
HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL OVERFLOW
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of your TNG genlib.php and genstyle.css files.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager
|v22.214.171.124||12 September 2020||Smaller code, same functionality.|
Fixed vertical scroll distance override.
|v126.96.36.199c||25 May 2020|| Combined a few CSS classes to make customizing the buttons easier.|
Added more detail to the readme.txt file.
Default buttons are smaller using less display space
The scroll container does not load on files specified in the scrollconfig file.
|v188.8.131.52b||20 May 2020|| Fixed scrolling vertical chart when there is no vertical overflow and delay scroll is enabled.|
Added option to adjust the horizontal scroll distance.
|v184.108.40.206a||16 May 2020|| Updated the ReadMe.txt file.|
Added horizontal scrolling for vertical charts.
Corrected some typos in the optional scrollconfig.php.
|v220.127.116.11||13 April 2019||original version of ScrollPage Mod was never added to TNG WIKI|
- Download the appropriate zip file from the Mod Summary in the upper right hand corner
- After downloading the zip file, unzip the config file into the mods folder
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the scroll-xy_v18.104.22.168a.cfg
- Refresh the browser to reload genstyle.css
Modmanager Edit options
- Scroll delay hides buttons until page scrolls down
- Number of pixels to scroll down if scroll delay is enabled
- Adjust the horizontal scroll distance in percent of the display width
- Adjust the vertical scroll distance in percent of the display height
- Hides buttons on the homepage if the inner menu is displayed
- Display buttons on specific pages specified in the scrollconfig.php file
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Or copy your genlib.php file to your TNG directory and genstyle.css to your TNG css directory
- all should be well now
This mod can be used in conjunction with Scrollbox_mod
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below
|Family Histories||Steven Davis||Mod developer||22.214.171.124||12.3.0||EN|
|Berkshire Family History Society||Paul Barrett||Early tester, before it made it on to the Wiki||126.96.36.199c||12.3.0||EN|