Search Page Expansion
|Show Siblings Spouses|
|Summary||Expands search results page for logged in users.|
|Mod Updated||2 Mar 2019|
|Author(s)||A. S. DuPree|
|Homepage||Search_Page_Expansion (this page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Min TNG V|
|Max TNG V||12|
Changes page only for logged-in users.
The mod expands the search page results for logged-in users.
Visitors who are NOT logged in will see no changes.
Summary of changes:
- Adds a filter line to quickly identify records based on the number of sources, notes and media they have. Also whether or not they are assigned to trees.
- Adds three columns: sources, notes and media that show the total number of attached records for the person (both individual and married sources, notes and media)
- Adds an edit button on the individual to quickly go directly to edit the individual.
- Adds an edit button on the spouse to quickly go directly to edit the family.
- Adds a clickable lin'k to the source, notes and media numbers to see these on the individual page (depending on your configuration).
- Adds the year of the marriage next to the spouse
Mod is intended to make editing and finding records more robust for a user. For example, you can see just records with no source citations at a glance, in case, you are working to make sure that all records are properly cited.
In action, it looks like this:
The mod offers an option in the mod manager to change the behavior of the search for logged-in users. If chosen, when only one record is found, it will go to search results instead of directly to the individual's page.
This mod was developed by A.S. DuPree (a novice, happy for any help on improving it)
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- Download the zip file in the status area in the upper right.
- Extract the search_page_expansion_V126.96.36.199.cfg to your mod folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files .
Conflicts and Issues
Mod makes many changes to search page and will likely conflict with other similar mods.
The filters will reset if you go to the next page of records. So you need to refuter again.
In the event of a problem with your TNG site
- Try using the Mod Manager to Remove the mod