Secret Notes for Admin
|Downloads of Secret Notes for Admin are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Secret Notes for Admin|
|Summary||Allows users with Admin privilege to view the Notes marked Secret.|
|Validation||Latest mods are XHTML compliant.|
|Mod Updated||30 Jun 2018|
|Download stats||View Download Stats|
|Homepage||Secret Notes for Admin (This page)|
|Mod Support||TNG Community Forums|
|Latest Mod||18.104.22.168 for TNG V12+|
22.214.171.124 for TNG V9 and above
|Min TNG V||9.0.0|
|Max TNG V||12+|
Private Note Mod for restricting Notes in browsenotes.php to Admin users
Purpose of the Mod
This TNG modification is to restrict notes that have been marked Private that is have the secret flag in the table to those who have Admin privileges.
This mod was created from Brian McFadyen's original Private Note Mod where you can find the code to display secret notes TNG 7 through TNG 8.1.3. In TNG v9 the Private notes, that is those with the secret flag, are displayed by TNG to users who have the "Allow to view information for private individuals" privilege.
This mod overrides the TNG privilege and restricts Private notes (secret flag) to the administrator.
Mod Developer is Ken Roy.
Based on the mod originally developed by Brian McFadyen to displaying Private Notes on Individual page
|v126.96.36.199||30 Jun 2018||Updated for TNG 12 to add conditional processing if the Display Private Notes mod is installed|
|v188.8.131.52||13 January 2015||No code change. Updated for TNG 10.1 to add Wiki icon for URL that is generated by %wikipage:Secret_Notes_for_Admin%|
|v184.108.40.206||29 September 2012||Original version of the mod, although not published until 10 February 2014|
- a working TNG installation. The automated installation release was initially tested at TNG Version 7.1.0.
- an installed current version of the Mod Manager
- a backup of your TNG personlib.php and reglib.php files or access to your original TNG installation package.
Automated Installation Requirements
- Download the appropriate mod configuration file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page
- Unzip the private_notes_for_admins zip file to your mods folder
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the private_notes_for_admins.cfg.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- copy your backup personlib.php, and reglib.php files to your base TNG directory
- all should be well now
Visualization of this mod
The following mods are also related to the Private flag
- Private Flag Backup / Restore
- Private Checkboxes Mod
- Private Flag Mod
- Private Is Private
- Private Note Mod
- Display Private Notes
Sites using this mod
If you download this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Our Roy and Boucher Family||Ken Roy||Updated to use conditional textexists processing whether the Display Private Notes mod is installed or not||220.127.116.11||12.0.1||EN, FR|
|The John Dunham Society||Daniel Smith||Not a public site.||10.1.0.1||11.1.0||English|
|XAMPP site only||Michael Bayer||Not a public site.||10.1.0.1||11.1.0||English|
|OurLife Family History - McMullen Clan||Sean Thompson||Not a public site.||10.1.0.1||11.1.0||English|
|Familie Bitterer||Martin Bitterer||Not a public site.||10.1.0.1||11.1.0||German|
|Martius family||Hendrik Martius||Half public||18.104.22.168||12.0.1||DE, EN, FR, NL|