|Show Branch Members|
|Summary ||Turns branch names in the Person Profile into hyperlinks to a popup list of Branch members, using the same popup code as the Cemetery Edit program. Also adds information to the Branch Members popup, including (optionally) a list of Branch users.|
|Mod Updated ||14 Jan 2018|
|Download link ||v10.1.0.3
|Download stats |
|Author(s) ||Robin Richmond|
|Homepage ||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support ||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer ||My Mod Support form|
|Latest Mod ||10.1.0.3|
|Min TNG V ||10.1|
|Max TNG V ||at least 11.1.2|
|Files modified |
getperson.php, ajx_showbranch.php, English cust_text.php
|Related Mods |
Purpose of the Mod
This mod has two purposes:
- To convert the branch names displayed in the Person Profile into hyperlinks that pop up a box that displays all users who are restricted to that branch, and all members (people and marriages) of the branch, and
- To add information to ajx_showbranch.php, which is used by the Branch editor and (now) the Person Profile to display Branch members.
New features of the Branch Members popup include:
- Since it now can be called from an end-user program (the Person Profile), the lists of people and families must make sure that the current user is allowed to see these people and families. If some records are restricted from being seen by the user, the restricted records are completely omitted from the lists.
- To accommodate inaccessible records, it modifies the wording in the subheading and adds the count of inaccessible records
- If any record are omitted from the lists, a new message says how many were omited.
- It ignores $tree as an input querystring parameter, since $branch is sufficient to identify the tree and branch uniquely.
- In the heading, it displays the tree to which the branch belongs, next to the branch name (unless the database has only one tree.)
- The heading now has id='top', to be used as a hyperlink destination.
- The word "Families" in the heading line with people and family counts is a hyperlink to the list of families.
- Person names and family names are now in ordered lists.
- Person names are now hyperlinked to the Person Profile rather than to the Person editor.
- There is now a heading above the list of families, with a hyperlink to the top of the litbox.
- Families are now hyperlined to the Family Profile rather than tp the family editor.
- There is a list to the top of the litbox from the bottom.
- A new querystring parameter $showusers controls whether the branch's users are listed.
- In the new list of users
- The "realname" field from the users is the value that identifies each user
- If the user has an email address, the realname is displayed as a mailto: hyperlink.
- If the user has an associated person, that person's ID and name are displayed as a hyperlink to the person profile.
Compatibility And Dependencies
No known mod conflicts or strict dependencies, but do please let me know if you find any.
- Hide Branch Names limits list of Branch Names in the Person Profile to the the branch a user is restricted to, but still lists all Branches for administrators. (Thus not-logged-in users and users without a Branch restriction will not see any Branch names.) In any case Show Branch Names allows the user to display the members of the branches whose names are listed.
- Admin Branches changes the wording of the button that displays Branch members from "Show people with this tree/branch" to "Show Branch Members", and adds a checkbox that control whether the Branch Users are listed.
- This mod saves information that Show Mod Names can report, but it is not dependent on Show Mod Names
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, and extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Contact me through My Mod Support form.
| Person Profile BEFORE: Note two branch names
| Person Profile AFTER:
| The branch names are now hyperlinks, and clicking on one pops up the list of members.
| In the popup list created by ajx_showbranch.php:
- The heading has new wording, and lists both the BranchID and the Branch name
- There is a list of users assigned to this branch, because the Person Profile always sets the "show users" flag when calling ajx_showbranch.php.
- Consideration of inaccessible (Living or Private) records is new. The count is non-zero because the current user is either branch-restricted, or not logged in.
- The actual number of records in the branch is 783 + 880 + 308 = 1971
- The word "Families" next to the count of Families is a hyperlink down to the Families heading shown in the second section of the screen clip.
- The Families headings is new, as are the links back to the top of the litbox.
| Admin Branch Edit BEFORE:
| When you click on the button shown, the members of the branch are listed in the pop-up box. Note that the button and the pop-up box heading are identical, and that they refer to "people" rather than "members" (which include families).|
| Admin Branch Edit AFTER:
| In the popup litbox:
- The main heading text is different from the native code, but the same as in the box popped up the Person Profile.
- By definition, the Branch members list generated by the Admin Branch Edit program will not have any inaccessible records, because it must be run by an administrator.
- Thus, in this case, the subheading just says "Members" rather than "Accessible Members", and the counts are larger.
- The "native" Admin Branch Edit program does not have a way to set the flag that causes the popup to display users of the branch. A new checkbox created through the Admin Branches controls that flag.
| Mod Version
|| TNG Versions
|| 14 Jan 2018
|| In the Branch Members litbox popup used by the Branch editor, and now by the Person Profile,
- Added more information to the heading
- Made the people and families lists ordered lists
- Added a Families heading, a link to the Families heading from the top heading, and links to the top from the Families heading and the bottom of the page.
- The code now uses the correct gedcom field in the Users table to determine whether there is a default genealogy record for the user.
|| 4 May 2017
|| Now makes sure that a branch-restricted user has an associated user before trying to display the associated user, and makes sure that the associated user exists.
|| 30 Nov 2015
|| New mod.
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.