Show PHP Error Log
|Show System Errors Log Mod|
|Summary||Adds a menu option to view and optionally clear, the system error log within the Admin screen.|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Download link||Show System Errors Log Mod v10.0.3.4
|Download stats||See download statistics|
|Homepage||Mitchell Families Online|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support|
|Latest Mod||10.0.3.4 for TNG V10.0.3+|
|Min TNG V||9.0.0+ (Not tested on versions earlier than TNG 10.0.3 but will probably work)|
|Max TNG V||10+|
admin_rightbanner.php, creates adminshowerrorlog.php
If you've ever had site system errors, this mod gives access to the system error log without the need to exit your site or download the error log.
Adds a menu option to view and optionally clear, the system error log within the Admin screen. The link to display this report is added to the top (horizontal) menu bar in the admin section of your site. The log is sorted in reverse chronological order to the way it is written, thus displaying the latest errors at the top.
This is how the report looks. You can see the additional menu in the header. (Customised template 12 on TNG v10.1.1)
- Version 10.0.3.4 includes the option to select the error log path and name.
- This mod only includes English language variables. To add support for other languages, open and edit the .cfg file to add your language translations.
- Mod has not been tested on TNG versions below 10.0.3 but it is likely to work on all TNG versions.
- The error log is not limited to display a set number of entries. The entire log will be displayed with the latest entries appearing first.
- This mod will work "out of the box" on most installations but I have identified a couple of sites where this isn't the case. Some hosts archive the error log at the end of each month and start a new log. If this is the case, then there is probably less to be gained from my mod.
- If you don't understand the entries in the error log, please, DON'T ask me what they mean. You will have to seek advice from elsewhere (Mr. Google, for example!). Again, perhaps this mod isn't for you.
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager
- Download the zip file from the download links in the mod summary area in the upper right.
- Extract the contents of the zip file into your mods folder and upload to your site.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the chosen cfg file.
- In Mod Manager >> Edit Options, enter the path and name of the log you wish to view. The default is 'error_log'.
In the event of a problem with your TNG site
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability, or
- Restore backup copy of: personlib.php.
|v10.0.3.0||20 November 2014||Initial release|
|v10.0.3.3||21 May 2015||Bug relating to sort order discovered by Del Groves has now been fixed. Limits on number of items displayed has been removed to allow whole log to be viewed.|
|v10.0.3.4||23 May 2015||Added facility to select which log to view. Set from Mod Options page in Mod Manager|
TNG User sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG sites to the table below
|Mitchell Families Online||Roger Mitchell||Mod developer||V10.0.3.4||10.1.1||EN|
|Chamberlain & Eidenbenz Genealogy||Graham Chamberlain||V10.0.3.0||10.0.3||EN,DE,ES,FR,NL|
|Robison & Blythe Genealogy||Jeff Robison||Public Site||V10.0.3.0||10.0.3||EN|
|Hooley Family Links||Rick Hooley||Public Site||10.0.3.3||10.1.1||EN|
|Wortelboer Genealogy||Bernard Wortelboer||Public site||10.0.3.0||10.0.3||EN||...|