Difference between revisions of "Show Siblings"
|Line 163:||Line 163:|
| Danish, English
| Danish, English
Revision as of 00:50, 4 April 2016
|Summary||Adds a list of siblings as the last Standrad event (collapsible) at getperson.php|
|Validation||The mod is XHTML compliant.|
|Download stats||Show Siblings mod v10.1.x|
|Author(s)||Erik Hoppe, Roger Mitchell, Jeff Robison|
|Homepage||Show Siblings (this page)|
|Mod Support||Erik's Mod Support|
|Contact Developer||Erik's Mod Support|
|Latest Mod||10.1.0.3b for TNG v10.1.x - 11.0.0|
|Min TNG V||10.1.0|
|Max TNG V||11.0.0|
Purpose of the mod
To show a list of links to the Individ's siblings, if there are any.
The name (link), date + place of birth and date + place of death are shown, if rights permit.
The list can be open or collapsible and can be placed as the last Standard event in the Personal or the Parents section in getperson.php.
If the list is placed in the Personal section it is called Siblings and doesn't include the Individ.
If it is placed in the Parents section, it is called Children and includes the Individ.
The list in the Personal section is not shown if the Individ is the only child of the family.
|TNG version:||≥ 10.1.0|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list below)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v10.1.1)
- Click on the download link, shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Un-zip the file and copy/move/FTP it to the mods folder of your TNG system.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Replace all affected files with the copies you made before the installation.
- Contact Erik through his Mod Support
Custom Text Additions
Note: The config file includes the English language custom text.
The mod also includes Danish, German and Swedish texts if they are present in your system.
For other languages you can modify the config file to add the custom text or manually add to whatever language you like.
English custom text For Reference Only!
$text['xerxxSiblings'] = "Siblings";
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Remove button to uninstall the mod and then
- click the Delete button to delete the config file from the mods folder.
|V10.1.0.3b||24 Aug 2015||German-UTF8 doesn't work to capitalize "siblings" and "children". Now does.|
|V10.1.0.3||9 Aug 2015|| Submit icon showed for users with submit rights. Not now (thanks Henny).|
German "siblings" and "children" now has first letter capitalized.
|V10.1.0.2||31 May 2015|| Added hi-lite. Added placesearch link.|
1-person collapsible w/ summary will be 1-person not collapsible. The code has been streamlined.
|V10.1.1.1||26 May 2015|| Removed the abbreviation problem.|
Added Roger's edit code for the options and Mogens' Danish translation.
|V10.1.1.0||24 May 2015||Introduction.|
Visualization of this mod (v10.1.0.2)
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Andersson, Hoppe, Sahlin, Thorell||Erik Hoppe||Mod author||10.1.0.3||10.1.3||SE, GB, DE|
|Mitchell Families Online||Roger Mitchell||Erik put a lot of testing and work to optimise this mod. Works great!!||v10.1.0.3||v10.1.2||EN, NL, ES, FR, DE|
|Brady Family Tree in Western Australia||Darryl Brady||Public site||10.1.1.1||10.1.1||EN, DE|
|Nordic Ancestry / Nordiske Aner||Mogens C. Fenger||Closed Site||10.1.0.2||10.1.1||Danish, English|
|Quigley Doyle Family Tree||Don Quigley||Public||10.1.0.2||11.0.0||EN|
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod:
- languages/Danish/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Danish-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/German/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/German-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Swedish/cust_text.php (if present)
- languages/Swedish-UTF8/cust_text.php (if present)