|Downloads of Sosa are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|Summary||Marks graphically the ancestors of the root of a tree.|
|Mod Updated||19 nov 2019|
|Download stats||Show statistics|
|Mod Support||[TNG Community Forums]|
|Latest Mod||220.127.116.11e for TNG v12|
|Min TNG V||n.c|
|Max TNG V||12+|
Purpose of the Mod
This Mod allows the administrator to designate the root of his tree (SOSA No. 1).
Then the users can trace the lineage of your SOSA 1 through all forms of TNG.
The ancestors of the SOSA 1 are then identified by a green ball. When hover the mouse on it, show the generation/degree and sosa number(s).
The Mod also gives you a list of all SOSA
It is based on Sosa-Stradonitz's numbering, also called Eizinger's method or Ahnentafel numbering
Many thanks to
Written by : [MichelKirsch] from Charleroi - Hainaut - Belgium
To avoid conflicts :
Installing this mod require the updating of the Balanced Media mod to the [Balanced Media]] version 18.104.22.168]
|TNG version:||≥ 12.0.2|
A TNG 12.0.2+ installation in working order.
This Mod works perfectly with Mods
- Open Street Map
- Add Person Siblings Row - v22.214.171.124+
- Show Siblings
- Living Color Mod
- Research Tools and many others as I seen by Ron (80+ mods installed !)
It is possible that it works with earlier versions of TNG,
but the tests haven't been done. If someone tries, let me know the result.
IMPORTANT : Before installing
Before installing, it is important to make a backup copy of the files that will be modified by this mod.
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod:
admin_backup.php admin_families.php admin_optimize.php admin_people.php admin_restore.php admin_utilities.php ahnentafel.php customconfig.php descend.php descendtext.php desctracker.php extrastree.php familychart.php familygroup.php genlib.php getperson.php languages/Dutch/cust_text.php languages/Dutch-UTF8/cust_text.php languages/English/cust_text.php languages/English-UTF8/cust_text.php languages/French/cust_text.php languages/French-UTF8/cust_text.php languages/German/cust_text.php languages/German-UTF8/cust_text.php languages/Spanish/cust_text.php languages/Spanish-UTF8/cust_text.php pedigreetext.php register.php search.php verticalchart.php
- There is currently a known Sosa v126.96.36.199 rev3 compatibility issue with the Census Plus International mod version v188.8.131.52.
- Census Plus International v184.108.40.206a fixes the PHP 7.1 issues caused by the Sosa v220.127.116.11 rev3 mod
- If you are using the Balanced Media mod, you will need to upgrade to V18.104.22.168 in order to install Sosa v22.214.171.124
Unzip the received file directly in the "mods" sub directory of your TNG installation.
You do not have to create the table manually. It is created automatically at the first execution.
On the other hand for the uninstall, it is necessary to follow the instructions in order to erase
the sosa table and the sosa_vars file become useless.
When upgrading to a higher version.
- Uninstall and Delete the current Mod. It is not necessary to delete your table sosa_tng, EXCEPT if it is expressly explained in the release notes!
- Proceed as for an installation with the new Mod
- When upgrade from version lower than 6 to version 6 or higher. If you have many multiples sosas, the display of the sosa list is not complete (limited to 256 characters for multiple sosa). To show completely all your multiple sosa, YOU MUST delete or rename your sosa table (tng_sosa). To rename it, you can use the easy edit button after the install. After rename or delete of the table, you must redesignate your sosa 1 !
- Large databases with many multiple sosa (many marriages between cousins) can result in a MySQL timeout when designating sosa 1. increase the limits on the server. Contact me.
- User may take attention to run minimum PHP version = 5.6
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Open an issue in the [TNG Community Forums]
- Copy the backup of the affected files back to your TNG directory
|V126.96.36.199e||19 nov 2019||Modify code to avoid conflict with ALL others mods using own tables|
|V188.8.131.52d||06 nov 2019||Modify code of cfg file to avoid conflict with "Special List" Mod|
|V184.108.40.206c||05 nov 2019||Modify code of genlib.php to hide the sosa reduced menu from home page|
|V220.127.116.11b||04 nov 2019||Modify cfg file to avoid conflict with "Optional Person Row" Mod|
|V18.104.22.168a||01 nov 2019||Fix "call to undifened function" error in mobile mode|
|V22.214.171.124||10 oct 2019|| Many minor code changes.
|V126.96.36.199||10 sept 2019|| TNG compliance of the sosa list (display of names, colors, fixed titles, stripes every x lines). |
Ability to choose the display of Degree of relationship or Generation (or both, or none) in the sosa list and in the sosa marker.
WARNING!! if you make an upgrade of a version below v188.8.131.52d, before installing this version, you must delete or rename the file sosa_vars.php in the extensions folder of your TNG installation, in order to benefit from the new features.
|V184.108.40.206a||23 aug 2019||Introducing of a parallel between generation and degree of relationship.|
|V220.127.116.11||20 aug 2019||Code and philosophy of the program are changed to permits a better integration into TNG and another existing. Details of new functionnality are to be found into the sosa vxxx.cfg file.|
|V18.104.22.168-3||29 june 2019||Optimize for 64 bits systems - The old table sosa must be deleted at uninstall of earlier version - Variables to change colours of sosa list - Marks parents in getperson.php - Marks child having a sosa in the siblings of current person (Show Siblings installed)- Choice between fake sosa(= -1) or negative sosa when trespassing PHP_INT_MAX limit|
|V22.214.171.124-2||20 june 2019||Upgrade for 64 bits systems - The old table sosa must be deleted at uninstall of earlier version - New algorithm to compute sosa - Sosa Icon|
|V126.96.36.199-1||16 june 2019||Sosa list before the TNG Menu. Big sosa list (must be open in a new tab)|
|V188.8.131.52||14 june 2019||Some changes of behaviour / layout. Version number visible on sosa menu|
|V184.108.40.206||23 may 2019||Original version.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below: If you have a problem to do it, send me a mail...
Here are some snapshots of the modified screens (there are 16 screens modified by Sosa) :
|EN - Explanations||Image|
|Main page (getperson.php)
A green ball indicates that this person is in the lineage. His sosa number is revealed by passing the mouse over the green ball.
|Sample list of sosa:
The list starts at sosa 1 (generation 0) until the end of your lineage
|The same list with some multiple sosas. All colours can be modified in mod's parameters.|
|All the reports of descent are provided with their sosa marker (the green bullet)next to people of the lineage, possibly with their multiple sosa
Here's an example with implex (multiple sosas) to A-A-grandparents.
|Here's the descend tree in text mode (descend.php)|
|The sosa marker is also present in the search results...|
|... and in every others graphical representations of your tree (here in desctracker.php)|