it must be using the same database as TNG
At first and second read I'm confused about what that means. Does it mean that:
- they have to use the same instance of a mysql server, i.e. two different schemas, one named 'mediawiki' the other 'tng8'
- they have to use the same schema on the same instance, i.e. schema 'genealogy' containing 'tng_' and 'mw_' prefix tables
- Wiki and TNG must be installed in the same database with different prefixes, eg "tng_" for TNG and "wiki_" for the Wiki.
- The files (TNG and Wiki) are installed in different directories.
- After the installation in the TNG-Mod Manager has to be entered using the Edit and the prefix of the MediaWiki tables set. (Joerg 08:23, 30 March 2011 (UTC))
- It means your 2nd option. However most users would not have a clue about what you mean by same instance and same schema. The database name must be the same for both TNG and the MediaWiki install. TNG and MediaWiki cannot be in 2 different databases or schemas as you call them.--Ken Roy 11:54, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
Can Wiki Integration support Sources
I have tng126.96.36.199 and mw1.16.5 running in this way, I LOVE IT! Is there a way to link sources, the way you can link people and places? Anthony 12:45, 29 May 2011 (CDT)
- The request to support Source was added to the MediaWiki Integration mod. Email sent requesting testing was never acknowledged, so I suspect the email address registered on the TNG Wiki is not an active email address. --Ken Roy 13:34, 9 June 2011 (CDT)
Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I think the installation instructions are missing the include statement for LocalSettings.php. The tng slug won't work without it.
- See the Post Installation steps
Is this compatible with version 10?