Template Settings uses database table
TNG V12 converts the Template Settings from using the templateconfig.php configuration file to using a Templates table (tng_templates)
- 67. Templates: A new table has been added to store template settings (they will no longer be kept in the templateconfig.php file).
- This should make it harder for bad code and other "accidents" to destroy the current settings.
Impact of this change
Converting the Template Settings from a configuration file to a database table causes major impact to users who used the Mod Manager to maintain and manage their Template Settings. The Mod Manage can no longer make the necessary changes to templateconfig.php and have them displayed in Template Settings.
Moving the Template Settings to a database table means that
- Several mods that added or modified entries in the templateconfig.php no longer work
Minimizing the impact
To minimize the impact of this change, you should
- Save a copy of your templateconfig.php file prior to removing any mods that made changes to this file
- backup your configuration files and database
- Remove all your TNG Mods
- copy your TNG files to your host for doing the upgrade
- copy the saved copy of the templateconfig.php back to the location where you maintain your TNG configuration files prior to running the DB Upgrade script in the upgrade readme file that creates the new Templates (tng_templates) table.
Doing the above will maintain your current changes that you have made to your template Template Settings. It will not help you with any future changes.
If you used the Scrollbox Mod the above procedure should help you preserve your template settings for that mod. It will not help you add the templates settings necessary to use the Scrollbox Mod with the 3 new templates.
New Templates Added
- 65. Templates: Three new templates have been added (16, 17 and 18).
Other Template Changes
- 66. Templates: Template lists and dropdowns have been reversed so that the newer templates are listed first.
- 68. Templates: Extra top-row links have been added to templates 11, 13, 14 and 15. These links do not show if no label exists.
- 69. Templates: Templates 1, 2 and 3 now have intro (or "welcome") paragraphs.
- 70. Templates: The links at the bottoms of the home pages for templates 11, 13 and 14 now flow evenly across all columns.
- 71. Templates: Template 15 now has a search form in the top right.