Difference between revisions of "TreeID-One Column"
(Added link in Revision History)
(Added my TNGv22 cust_text.php upgrade template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
| mod_name = TreeID-One Column
| mod_name = TreeID-One Column
Revision as of 01:34, 30 September 2018
|Summary||Adds the TreeID or Tree Name next to the existing TreeID or Tree Name other in various TNG pages where only one of those values is shown. Based on Ken Roy's TreeIDMod, which adds a separate TreeID column in results tables, whereas this mod puts the TreeID and Tree Name in one column.|
|Mod Updated||10 Jan 2018|
|Homepage||Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database|
|Mod Support||My Mod Support form or TNG Community Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support form|
|Min TNG V||10.1.0|
|Max TNG V||at least 11.1.2|
search.php, famsearch.php, browsetrees.php, browsebranches.php, showmap.php, showtree.php, admin_branches.php, admin_places.php, admin_newbranch.php, admin_editbranch.php, admin_edituser.php, browse_dna_tests.php, English cust_text.php
Purpose of the Mod
Add the TreeID or TreeName to various programs where the only one of those values is displayed. It updates 12 different programs, and, depending on the program, it may
- Add the TreeID in front of the Tree Name in each row of the Tree column of a results table,
- Add the TreeID in front of the Tree Name in some programs that display or edit just one record,
- Add a row for the Tree ID in other programs that display or edit just one record, or
- Add the Tree ID or TreeName in drop-down <select> lists.
This mod is based on Ken Roy's Tree ID Mod, which two differences:
- In case 1 above, this mod puts both values in one column, whereas Tree ID Mod adds a new column. The reason this mod was written was to avoid some conflicts that resulted from the extra column.
- Also in cases 1 and 2 above, this mod does not add the TreeID when the TreeID and the Tree Name are the same.
This mod conflicts with Tree ID Mod, but is essentially a variant of Tree ID Mod, so there would be no reason to try to install both mods. TreeID-One Column is known to be compatible with numerous other mods that modify the 12 programs that it modifies. Please report any conflicts.
- This mod is almost identical to Tree ID Mod, with the differences described above.
- This mod saves information about the programs it modifies so that Show Mod Names can display the list of (my) mods that affect a program.
- Unlike most of my mods, this mod does not insert any code to try to call the Show Mod Names display function at the end of each program. Programs such as admin_users.php that are modified my another of my mods will already have that code, but programs that I do not modify otherwise, such as browse_dna_tests.php, will not.
- Like my other mods, this mod does not require that Show Mod Names be installed. If Show Mod Names is not installed, the Show Mod Names button at the bottom of modified programs will simply not appear.
- A working TNG installation.
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager.
- You should backup files listed in the panel on the right.
- Remove and delete previous version of this mod.
- Backup the files updated by this mod. They are listed in the panel at the upper right.
- Download the .zip file, and extract its .cfg file to the mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files.
|Mod Version||TNG Versions||Date||Note|
|10.1.0.2||10.1.0 - 11.1.2+||10 Jan 2018||Except when it is adding the TreeID or Tree Name to <select> box options, the mod no longer adds the Tree ID if the TreeID and Tree Name are the same.|
|10.1.0.1p||10.1.0 - 11.1.2+||07 Nov 2017||Removed the second line of the target location search string for cust_text.php files.|
|10.1.0.1||10.1.0 and up||17 Jun 2017||First production release. Derived from Ken Roy's Tree ID Mod. Made the browse_dna_tests.php target optional for compatibility with TNGv10.1. Other version 11 dependencies are no longer in the code.|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your site to the table below.
|Robin Richmond's Genealogy Database||Robin Richmond||Mod developer||10.1.0.1||11.1.1||English|