|Maintenance - Unused Media|
|Summary||Adds a tab (Unused Media) to the Admin > Media page|
|Validation||Admin application, validation not attempted|
Unused_media_v8.1.3.zip (>= TNG 8.1.1)
|Author(s)||Warren S Gilbert|
|Homepage||Maintenance - Unused Media|
|Mod Support||TNG Forums|
|Latest Mod||220.127.116.11 for TNG V9.2|
18.104.22.168 for TNG V9.0
8.1.3 for TNG V8.1.1 and later
8.1.2 for TNG V8 before V8.1.1
3.0 for TNG V7
|Min TNG V||7.0.0|
|Max TNG V||9.2.0|
Purpose of the mod
This mod adds a tab (Unused Media) to the Admin > Media page. It lists files which are present in the media folders on the server, but not registered with TNG.
This mod was developed by Warren S Gilbert
- A working TNG installation. Automated installation has been tested on TNG versions 7.1.3 to 9.2.0.
- A backup of the TNG modules involved
- Download the appropriate distribution for your TNG version from the download links in the status area in the upper right.
- Extract the unused_media.zip to your admin/mod_folder (V7) or mods (v8 or later).
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the unused_media.cfg.
Note that the mod adds 2 entries to customconfig.php. If you do not already have a customconfig.php file, create a file named customconfig.php containing only the php opening and closing tags: -
and copy it to your site in the same folder as the config.php file (usually the TNG root).
Note that the config file only includes the English language changes. If you support multiple languages, you will need to modify the config file to add the custom text for your other languages.
With this mod installed, files can be deleted from the server either individually or by deleting selected files.
Files can be excluded from the report and will then be recorded in file 'unusedmedia.txt' in the TNG root folder of your site if you are using TNG v8 or later, or the admin folder of your site if you are using TNG v7. If not already present, 'unusedmedia.txt' will be created the first time you choose to exclude a file. The file is optional, and the report will function whether or not it exists.
Excluded files are not normally listed, but there is an option for them to be shown, and they can then be included back in the normal report.
In the event of a problem
- Try using the Mod Manager Remove capability
- Or copy the backup versions of the TNG modules involved.
Visualization of this mod
As with most source code modifications, these changes will likely be overwritten during your next TNG revision upgrade and will need to be re-implemented. (Using the Mod Manager to remove the mod before the upgrade and re-installing the mod after the upgrade greatly simplifies this process).
TNG Modules Involved
The same as in V8
In TNG V8, this mod:
- modifies the following TNG modules customconfig.php, admin_media.php, admin_editmedia.php, admin_newmedia.php, admin_ordermediaform.php, admin_photoimport.php, admin_thumbnails.php, languages/English/media_help.php
- adds custom text to languages/English/cust_text.php and languages/English-UTF8/cust_text.php
In TNG V7, this mod:
- modifies the following TNG modules customconfig.php, admin/media.php, admin/editmedia.php, admin/newmedia.php, admin/ordermediaform.php, admin/photoimport.php, admin/thumbnails.php, and English/media_help.php
- adds custom text to English/cust_text.php
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below!
|Teige-Steinrötter-family||(no public site)||V8.1.3/8.1.1||D,(NL),(GB)|
|Van den Heuvel genealogy||Marco van den Heuvel||...||22.214.171.124/9.0.3||NL, EN|
|The Zausmer Forest||Joyaa Antares||(no public site)||126.96.36.199/9.2.0||EN|
|Nordic Ancestry||Mogens C. Fenger||...||188.8.131.52/9.1.1||EN, DA|
|Arsenault and Simpson Family Genealogy||Bob Arsenault||not a public site||V184.108.40.206/V9.0.3||EN|
|AppeltHaus Genealogy||Lawrence Appelt||Not a Public Site.||V220.127.116.11/9.2.0 Beta||EN|
|Whittlesey-Whittelsey Family History||Willis S Whittlesey III||Public Site||V9.2.0/ TNG 9.2.0||EN|
|Gilbert Family History||Warren Gilbert||Public Site||V18.104.22.168/ TNG 9.2.0||EN|