Hi, my name is Erik Hoppe.
My TNG Web site is at Andersson, Hoppe, Sahlin and Thorell Families
(TNG v11.1.2 - customized template #1)
TNG Colouring Book
I wrote the TNG Colouring Book, an on-line free mytngstyle.css editor.
Use RGB buttons or input values for your favourite colours.
Mods I Use (made by others)
- Add DNA Test Results
- Ancestor_map Add 4 more placelevels
- Mobile Site Enhancements
- Person_Map mobile_ind_page_person_map
- Relate mod but customized to be like the TNG original relate.php
Mods I Use (made by me)
- Collapsible_Standard_Events A panel in General Settings for setting Standard Events (born, buried...) collapsible. Downloads
- Comments (TNG v11+) An event Comments added to getperson, familygroup, placecearch and showmedia to allow users to add comments. Downloads (At my site it's a private mod)
- Count_Ancestors_n_Descendants shows the numbers w/ text under the name. Downloads (At my site it's only viewable when logged in)
- Descendtree Counter mod (TNG v 10 and later) displays the numer of descendants in the descend.php tree. Downloads
- Forum for TNG (TNG v10.1.3 and later) is an integrated forum system for TNG. Downloads
- Mapplace To Link mod (TNG v10.1.3 and later - probably earlier too) converts map placenames to links. Downloads (At my site it's only seen when logged in)
- Maternal_And_Paternal_Lines (TNG v9.1.1 and later) gives you four new pages. Downloads (At my site these pages are only seen when logged in)
- Open_My_Page adds My Page selection to the Info menu for logged in and registered users. Downloads (Using a similar mod at my site as I have no DD-menus)
- OpenStreetMap Uses licence- and creditcard-free maps (nine different designs) instead of Googlemaps. Downloads
- Public_Access_Control - A panel in General Settings for setting the public view of your site. Downloads
- Relate-to-Me_button (TNG v 9.1.1 and later) for the Relationship calculation page. Downloads (At my site the Relationship page is only seen when logged in)
- Scrollbox_mod All ancestors and descendants diagrams are displayed in a scrollable box. Downloads
- Search w/o Asterisk mod First names stored w/ an Asterisk can be searched for w/o using it. Downloads
- Show Husband or Wife mod Replaces the "Family" data header with "Husband", "Wife" or "Partner" depending on the spouse's sex. Downloads
- Show_Siblings A list of siblings (Personal info) or children (Parents info) In co-operation with Roger Mitchell and Jeff Robison. Downloads
- Verticalchart Photos mod Adds photos to the ancestors diagram in verticalchart.php. Downloads (At my site this page is available only to logged-in members)
Mods I Don't Use (made by me)
- Abbreviate_First_Names for all persons, also dead, when not logged in. Downloads
- Fixed Family Tab (TNG v11+) Fixes the Family tab making it consistent with other tabs collections on Internet. Downloads (We don't use the Family tab at all while our site is v11)
- Flat and Squared mod a design add-on that removes all 3D-borders (and others), shadows and rounded corners, making the interface "Flat and Squared". Downloads
- No_Notesring removes the small ring - and increases the space between notes. Downloads
Private Mods I Use
- (Could be public if there's a demand...) Example page to see the first five mods: Andersson, Hoppe, Sahlin, Thorell
Log in is not required to see them in action.
- In getperson.php:
Remove data removes, from the Personal data section, Name, Occupation and Gender as they are displayed in the heading.
- In getperson.php:
Move Family moves the complete Family data section above the Parents data section.
- In getperson.php and familygroup.php:
Move Family Events and Media removes all Family events except Marriage and Divorce, from getperson.php.
Also displays only a "Media Available" (and a Familychart link) at the getperson.php page if there is Family media/albums.
Shows all Family events, including Marriage and Divorce, at the top of familygroup.php.
Also moves Notes from the bottom of the familygroup.php page to the corresponding events at the top.
- A page counter at the bottom of all pages.
As I use the Bad Bots Beware mod (below) it counts almost exclusively human visitors. Almost exclusively...
- In the log.php script:
"Bad Bots Beware" bans a lot of bots and spiders except the ones I like (Google f.ex).
Also prevents the bots (bad and good) to be logged, thus almost exclusively logs human visitors. Almost exclusively ;-)