|Downloads of Winter are restricted to logged in users. If you do not have a user account on the TNG Wiki use the Request Account link to request a user account|
|TNG versions prior to v12 handled template configuration using a configuration file. TNGv12 moved template configuration to the database, so different versions are required for automated installation and removal.||
Winter is a minimalist template for TNG that is suitable for TNG test sites or even for a live site where the user wants an uncluttered home page. It is fully integrated into TNG's template setup screen.
Winter is an experiment in providing add-on templates using scripted installation. We may convert it to a mod in the future.
The website title is an image created on the fly from text entered into the template setup. The image uses an Old Script font to give it a bit of an antique look, but other TrueType fonts could be used as well.
Version 12 substitutes the home page links list with an area for a welcome message or site description. Links are still available from the drop down menus.
|Summary||Minimalist TNG Template.|
|Mod Updated||17 Aug 2018|
|Download stats||View Stats|
|Mod Support||Support for Winter|
|Contact Developer||As above|
|Latest Mod||v10.0.0.2 & v126.96.36.199|
|Min TNG V||10.0|
|Max TNG V||12.0+|
- Download the correct package for your version of TNG at the right.
- Unzip and drop the template90 folder into your website's templates directory.
- Navigate your browser to template90. For example, in your browser's address bar, enter something like one of the following, substituting your own TNG domain for mysite.com.
- For Template90_v12+ follow the browser's on-screen instructions to add it to the database.
- Template90_v10+ 10+ will install automatically, updating the templateconfig.php file.
- Set the website title
- Set the site's main photo (if you want to change it).
- In version 12 you can also enter a Welcome or Descriptive message for display on the home page. Version 10 just contains a list of website links in this area.
- Save the settings.
Note: Template90 looks best if you edit your Admin Setup >> Configuration >> General Settings >> Site Design and Definition -> Menu location, select "Top left, over heading." Don't forget to save your changes.
Version 10 has no uninstaller. To uninstall it, delete template90 from your templates directory and remove the t90 entries from your templateconfig.php file.
To uninstall version 12 and above, navigate your browser to the template90 folder (just as you did to install it) and follow the browser's on-screen instructions to remove it from the database. To completely uninstall it, delete the template90 folder. Be sure to select a different template for your site from the Admin Setup area first.
Winter checks to see if Bryan Larson's Bot-Trap mod is installed and provides a built-in, invisible link inside the body element. The Winter template link will validate and will not increase the height of page headers. Just install the Bot-trap mod, then manually remove the link from meta.php. The Winter template will take care of the rest. This is a topmenu.php technique that can be used in your other templates if you choose to modify them.
|Ver||900 all||all 1000||1100 all||1200 all|
*green: compatible red: not compatible white: not tested
Above were tested with PHP 5.6.16 using MySQL 5.5.44.
See Multisite Testbed for information on how this mod is tested and managed.
|188.8.131.52||15 Aug 2018||
|10.0.0.2||17 Aug 2018||
|10.0.0.0||15 Aug 2018||