Maternal And Paternal Lines
|Maternal And Paternal Lines|
|Summary||Adds four new pages to TNG|
|Homepage||Maternal And Paternal Lines|
|Mod Support||TNG Forums|
|Contact Developer||My Mod Support|
|Latest Mod||22.214.171.124 for TNG v9.1 and above|
|Min TNG V||9.1.1|
|Max TNG V||10.0.1|
Purpose of the mod
The Maternal And Paternal Lines mod adds four new pages to your TNG system: Two pages for individs and two pages for families.
The selected person/family is followed from mother to mother (Maternal Line) or from father to father (Paternal Line) as far back as is possible to trace.
- Individ's tree is displayed including the line's spouse and siblings
- Family's both trees are displayed side-by-side, with spouse but not siblings, making it easy to compare the time-spans for the generations.
This mod was developed by Erik Hoppe
Credit for the mod also goes to Olaf Teige, Jacques Deslauriers and Henny Savenije for German, French and Dutch translations resp. and for the suggestions, testing and patience provided by the alpha and beta testers:
|TNG version:||≥ 9.1.0|
- A working TNG installation.
- A backup of all affected files (see the list in the summary in the upper right corner of the page)
- An installed current version of the Mod Manager (is already included in TNG v9)
- Both English and English-UTF8 folders be on your site
- Download the zip file shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page.
- Extract the files and folder with all its contents from the downloaded zip file into the mods folder or FTP the extracted file and folder with its contents to your mods folder.
- Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the mod.
In the event of a problem
Changing the default icons/images
The default tab icons and the default images at the Family page are supposed to show a spinning wheel (Maternal) and a sword (Paternal):Tab icons, Family page Maternal image and Paternal image
They are selected because of the Swedish expressions for those lines (translated): Spinning side and Sword side. The correct English expressions are Distaff side and Spear side: The Flip Side Of Distaff
If you don't like the images, I provide you with a set of replacement images:Tab icons, Family page Maternal image and Paternal image
Open the folder named maternal_paternal_lines, in which you will find the folder replacement_images. If you do this prior to installation of the mod: Move the replacement images out of the replacement_images folder and let them replace the images in the outer folder maternal_paternal_lines. If you do this after installation of the mod: Move the replacement images to the (system root)img/ folder and let them replace the images there.
Custom Text Additions
Note: The config file includes the Dutch, English, French, German and Swedish language custom text.
For other languages you can modify the config file to add the custom text or manually add to whatever language you like.
English custom text For Reference Only!
Dutch, French, German and Swedish custom text translations may be changed by editing the respective custom_text file.
$text['xerxxSpinnrub'] = "Maternal Line"; $text['xerxxSvardrub'] = "Paternal Line"; $text['xerxxSpinnrub2'] = "Maternal Lines"; $text['xerxxSvardrub2'] = "Paternal Lines"; $text['xerxxEjforaldrar'] = "No parents are registered.";
Uninstalling the mod
If you want to completely Remove (uninstall) this mod and all its tables, you should
- click the Remove button to uninstall the mod and then
- click the Delete button to delete the config file from the mods folder.
|V126.96.36.199||15 April 2014||Introduction.|
Visualization of this mod
|Individ's Paternal Line tree, Admin view (50%)|
|Family's Maternal Line trees, Admin view (50%)|
Sites using this mod
If you download and install this mod, please add your TNG site to the table below:
|Andersson, Hoppe, Sahlin, Thorell||Erik Hoppe||Mod author. Heavily customized site||188.8.131.52||Swedish, German, English|
TNG Modules Impacted
The following TNG Modules are modified, and should be backed up prior to installing this mod:
The following modules are added by this mod